Beginners and Beyond

Show me your running legs. (Read 1596 times)

Dave

Nevrgivup

Thanks Dave Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

LRB

That was impressive Dave!  I couldn't figure it out.

Resident Historian

Damn that hurts just thinking about it!  Any idea what caused the tear, was it running related?

The A.T. problem turned up after some strides on a soccer field, during which I think I stepped in a hole and the pulled down.  That was last June.  After 7 months of effing around with it, restarting running, having it come back, trying everything else, I resigned myself to surgery to have a chance to get back to running at 100%.  The doc told me after that when he cut the scar tissue away, there was some recent damage, but some that seemed "ancient" -- so probably an old injury not fully healed, maybe from before I restarted running 18 years ago.

And yeah, Mr Namtor, I can't wait to get at the PT to work myself back.

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

Great pic

Way to go

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

delicate flower

That's an awesome picture, Hilary!

<3

Nevrgivup

That's an awesome picture, Hilary!

Thanks Phil. My legs are still trashed from the hills.

delicate flower

Achilles tendon repair of 60% tear 10 days ago.

Would I trade Baboon for his knee?  Maybe - I think his rehab may be quicker than mine.

Splint (fiberglass form wrapped up in foam, cotton and ace bandages) comes off  on Tuesday.

Ouchers!  I might be willing to trade.  Your recovery is probably longer, but I've torn that ACL twice and have had four meniscus tears.  I'd love to spare my knee some of that damage.  I hope your recovery goes well, Longboat! 

<3

Thanks Phil. My legs are still trashed from the hills.

Rub down?

If so your dude is lucky Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Nevrgivup

Rub down?

If so your dude is lucky Smile

Smile

Ultra Cowboy

My Irish Legs on St. Patty's day.

WYBMADIITY

Save

cropped to save you from my "face made for radio". Running legs in motion.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

LRB

The A.T. problem turned up after some strides on a soccer field, during which I think I stepped in a hole and the pulled down.  That was last June.  After 7 months of effing around with it, restarting running, having it come back, trying everything else, I resigned myself to surgery to have a chance to get back to running at 100%.  The doc told me after that when he cut the scar tissue away, there was some recent damage, but some that seemed "ancient" -- so probably an old injury not fully healed, maybe from before I restarted running 18 years ago.

Damnations.  Good luck with your recovery, and hang out around the forums to stay in the loop!

happylily

A mother's running legs (except they're not my kids. Thank God... Big grin)

Taken this morning...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

A mother's running legs (except they're not my kids. Thank God... Big grin)

Taken this morning...

Next time, move the legs out of the way so we can see the kids.