Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #9 (Read 36 times)

LRB

Some shops offer them, yes. But they might not want to have an inexperienced diver distracted with a camera so they may send a photographer with you instead... for a fee of course

Boo. Although it makes sense so I'm cool. What's the deepest you've gone down? (I avoided dived or dove for fear of misusing them)

bluerun

Super B****

Boo. Although it makes sense so I'm cool. What's the deepest you've gone down? (I avoided dived or dove for fear of misusing them)

I honestly have no idea... the limit in recreational diving is 130 feet, so not deeper than that. Maybe 120? I’d have to check my logs to be sure and those are downstairs. Will try to remember when I’m packing them!

If you do it in April (after Boston) I can be your photographer, I’ll do it for free 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I honestly have no idea... the limit in recreational diving is 130 feet, so not deeper than that. Maybe 120? I’d have to check my logs to be sure and those are downstairs. Will try to remember when I’m packing them!

If you do it in April (after Boston) I can be your photographer, I’ll do it for free 

I'll try!

bluerun

Super B****

Thinking about this was distracting me too much and I couldn’t sleep so I got out of bed to check... 116. And there are only fourteen pages left in my logbook so I’ll have to get a new one after this trip! I call them my volumes of happiness 😁

chasing the impossible

LRB

Thinking about this was distracting me too much and I couldn’t sleep so I got out of bed to check... 116. And there are only fourteen pages left in my logbook so I’ll have to get a new one after this trip! I call them my volumes of happiness 😁

Impressive! And YIKES 😬

How deep did you go your first couple, few times? Is a logbook required? I've seen it referenced in a few different spots regarding certification. In fact, the dive center says I must bring it in order to do an open dive. I'm  assuming I'll get one in the closed portion of the class I'm taking here in March. 

bluerun

Super B****

Impressive! And YIKES 😬

How deep did you go your first couple, few times? Is a logbook required? I've seen it referenced in a few different spots regarding certification. In fact, the dive center says I must bring it in order to do an open dive. I'm  assuming I'll get one in the closed portion of the class I'm taking here in March. 

You're limited to 60 feet with Open Water certification, so you definitely won't be going deeper than that! I think my certification dives were all around 30-40, which is pretty standard. I actually prefer dives at that depth, because you get more bottom time and better pictures.

The logbook is included with the course -- IIRC, there are pages in there that your classroom instructor signs off on and that serves as your referral for the open water portion.

chasing the impossible

LRB

You're limited to 60 feet with Open Water certification, so you definitely won't be going deeper than that! I think my certification dives were all around 30-40, which is pretty standard. I actually prefer dives at that depth, because you get more bottom time and better pictures.

The logbook is included with the course -- IIRC, there are pages in there that your classroom instructor signs off on and that serves as your referral for the open water portion.

Got it.

And to think, the seeds for this year's diving escapades were planted 10 years ago to the month. That's when I took swimming classes and finally got over my fear of deep water. Seriously, I would feel faint just walking past the deep end of the pool, and now look!!

bluerun

Super B****

Got it.

And to think, the seeds for this year's diving escapades were planted 10 years ago to the month. That's when I took swimming classes and finally got over my fear of deep water. Seriously, I would feel faint just walking past the deep end of the pool, and now look!!

🧜‍♂️

chasing the impossible