Beginners and Beyond

Columbia Half Marathon (Read 44 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Glad you realized quickly that the pacer was approaching it wrong and took off on your own. On course accuracy, it does sound like the course was probably short, but a lot of hills can cause the Garmin to come up short. I see this all the time on hilly trail courses. Don't know how that would translate to roads as I haven't paid a lot of attention to that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

Nice job, 2.0!    Bummer about the short course.  That is frustrating.  It's funny how you were counting down the minutes those last two miles.  I do the same thing, though I break the last two miles into quarter miles.  "8 quarter miles to go....7 to go....6 to go....etc"  Big grin

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, LRB, Ginny and Ric, thanks.

WIP, I was really afraid ibwas going to see blood when I took off my shoe. I've got a small water blister that popped and what looks like and old blood blister uner a Cally's. Just in case one for sandal season.

DaveP, your mileage is much higher than mine, nice to see it can work.

Onemile, if I project the time for a full race, it is 7 seconds slower than the last.

WCRUNNER, I mapped the course 2x on RA, both times it came up short. My Garmin was all over the place, so as much as I would like to blame hills and winding roads, I just don't think that was it.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I hate it when course are short. Man, that is annoying. You still ran a good race and will have your "official" PR next time.

Half Crazy K 2.0

So I looked at the posted course map, I missed that it has mile 1-12 marked off. No mile 13. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Way go to, congrats on the PR!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt