Beginners and Beyond

Summer Preview ThursDailies (Read 21 times)

Happy Babiversary!

looks like the Ghost 13's are on sale now but still $110, so not a huge discount

Yeah that is lame! My current pair, the last of the 11s, is at 425 so not much longer for this world. But I recently bought two pair of discounted 12s, so I am set for a while. 

Could not get to sleep last night. Eventually turned off my alarm, which was set to allow a run before my 7:00 meeting; figured I’d run after. Turns out of course the dog woke me up—too late to get my run in before the meeting, but not late enough to get any significant amount of extra sleep. Goddammit.  Ran 5 miles after my meeting.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Did you guys see that China banned ultramarathons after what happened?

China Bans Ultra Marathons

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Happy Anniversary Baboon and Mrs. Baboon! We usually exchange cards and go out to dinner, but gave up on presents after the second year. We both hate shopping and can be difficult to buy for, so birthdays and anniversaries are not gift days.

I ran 7.1 in a light rain. The air was too thick to breathe, so it was a struggle.

Cyberic

Why doesn't that surprise me?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It's a suspension of events, a moratorium, while they look into determining and setting safety standards  and protocols.  While it is indefinite, it is not an outright ban.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.