Beginners and Beyond

NCAA tourney thread aka America stops working for two days (Read 47 times)

And my DS#1 is a Georgia State student.  Sweet emotion here in Atlanta.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Docket_Rocket

My boss went.  The office is pleased.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

cjones1

I thought it was a great place to go to school. And those were some of the Lou Henson glory years too. Haven't been back there in forever, but I've heard good things about the Illinois Marathon.

Back in my day, SIU had the reputation as the party school. Still? I thought was crazy, because things got pretty wild in Champaign.

Not much of a party rep anymore. Used to have a Halloween festival on the "Strip" that got so bad the university just started shutting down for the week to get the students out of town.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Not much of a party rep anymore. Used to have a Halloween festival on the "Strip" that got so bad the university just started shutting down for the week to get the students out of town.

I know the Halloween party was pretty famous. We had one in Champaign as well; streets were blocked off & filled with drinking costumed students. Cops didn't care as long as things didn't get out of control, and it was generally pretty peaceful. One year SIU had theirs on a different weekend, so came up for ours. And there were a bunch of incidents of violence & vandalism. (We blamed it on SIU people anyway.) I think they started to crack down some after that, but that was right around when I left.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I don't know if the Georgia State coach can survive. Tears his Achilles celebrating getting in and then falls off his stool yesterday.

delicate flower

I don't know if the Georgia State coach can survive. Tears his Achilles celebrating getting in and then falls off his stool yesterday.

Haha that guys was so excited!  Gotta love it.  

Day 1 was pretty great.  My bracket is shot to hell, but who cares.

<3

No more marathons

Still got three favorites playing - NC State, Carolina, and Duke (I know - freaky - nobody likes both Carolina and Duke).

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

RSX

Northeastern my school made it for the first time since 91. They lost to Notre Dame in 1 of the first games. I watched it 6 hours later and they still lost by 4. I'm hopeful they could be back soon though. As for the rest meh.

Love the Half

My favorite thing about the tournament is how completely unpredictable it is.  When I worked for the government, I used to take vacation days on Thursday and Friday every year and park myself in front of the tube for 12 hours of viewing pleasure.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Love the Half

And when he fell off his stool, he broke the cast on his foot.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

My level of interest is back to zilch since Buffalo lost their first-ever appearance, but I did get in on a pool because why not for $5?

Yay, Dayton upset!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

With Villanova gone my brackets are completely busted.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Anyone else in the ESPN Tournament Challenge? 519,647th place through Saturday.