Beginners and Beyond

Race Report: Tom King Classic Half Marathon (Read 76 times)

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

CClay

Better than all of you

I am boycotting the Tom King half until they stop letting the 3 hour half marathoners start thirty minutes before everyone else.  I do not understand why a race director would want the entire field to weave through 200 lb TNTers three abreast.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

I don't think they did that this year... they let the wheelchair participants start 5 minutes early but I think there were only three of them. Everyone else started right at 7:30.

CClay

Better than all of you

Nice.  My constant whining must have paid off.

Nice report.

It would be fun to get a bunch of people to wear "I am also Tom King" shirts.

SheCan

"After the race was over, they had a really tasty breakfast buffet in the club level of the stadium.  But, who am I kidding?  Anything is delicious after a race.  It could have been terrible I wouldn’t have known the difference."

LOL, that is soooo true!   WTG on this race, congratulations on the new PR!  You did great.  I really like your goal of doing a race every month.   I hope your tracking your progress, because at the end of the year, you're going to be amazed at how much your fitness will have improved.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I am boycotting the Tom King half until they stop letting the 3 hour half marathoners start thirty minutes before everyone else.  I do not understand why a race director would want the entire field to weave through 200 lb TNTers three abreast.

They do that?  I am VERY slow - about 2:30 for a half, sometimes a bit longer, when I did them - and I would not want an early start.  I'd feel guilty as hell being in the way of the speedier runners.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your race and your PR! I am familiar with Nashville and Tennessee, I have cousins all around that state.  You are quite lucky if you got a relatively flat course somewhere in the Nashville area.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Nice report!  Congrats on the PR!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dr. Cornsitter

What a really nice race report! You must be a teacher because it was wel structured, flowed perfectly, and was accompanied by the exact visuals and illustrations the reader would want to see!

Congrats on your PR and a successful race! RRs like these make me want to leave New England every once in awhile and run in other cities Smile

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.