Beginners and Beyond

"HEY, RUNNING MAN!" ThursDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

That's what some ding-a-ling yelled at me this morning as I ran past his idling car, which scared the begeezus out of me. Dude, I'm not a celebrity, I'm an idiot. lol

onemile

I ran 8. Strava said I PRed a segment called "Donald Trumps tiny hands"

I ran 8. Strava said I PRed a segment called "Donald Trumps tiny hands"

That was the best run, it was really terrific, everyone's saying so.

Dave

delicate flower

HELLO, PEOPLE!  

Masters swim before work was interesting.  One of the regulars there has his first Ironman in two weeks and was asking me a bunch of questions, which I was more than happy to answer instead of swimming.  The questions though....it's stuff he should have ironed out a looooong time ago (nutrition plan, where to buy a wetsuit, what to wear, etc).  At this point you really need to have all that stuff figured out and ready to go.  But, I am sure he'll be fine.

Bike workout tonight.

<3

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Working from home.  On my way to the post office to ship a couple of things before this fucking storm.  I have 15 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

That was the best run, it was really terrific, everyone's saying so.

Translation = it was pure misery and a slow slog 

LRB

Translation = it was pure misery and a slow slog 

Ditto

As long as we are sharing race pics. From my 0.48-marathon:

Dave

LRB

Registration for the big race opens up next week. Here's hoping that the peeps with times that are on the fence get in!

onemile

Registration for the big race opens up next week. Here's hoping that the peeps with times that are on the fence get in!

I'm out. If anyone wants my hotel res, if I can switch it, it's yours

onemile

As long as we are sharing race pics. From my 0.48-marathon:

You don't look very happy 

GinnyinPA

I'm out. If anyone wants my hotel res, if I can switch it, it's yours

Which hotel?

onemile

Which hotel?

It's the Colonnade. I booked it Saturday thru Tuesday @ $318 per night.

delicate flower

Nice pic, Dave!  Proper race grimace.

We get the registration scraps starting Sept 18.  If I do get in, it'll be a day trip for me.  I've driven further for day trip races.

<3