Beginners and Beyond

Asian New Years SunDailies (Read 17 times)

Workday little experiment: 1mi of roadcrown hill, then roll leg.  Still have right forefoot nuttiness from the big swims early in the week…been trying googling but to no avail.

It doesn’t hurt, but feels really goofy like somethings are wrong.

Hard to describe,  it feels like I’m WEARING …

“Metatarsal Pads, Gel Toe Separators, Bunion Corrector Cushion, Toe Spacers, Ball of Foot Cushions”  https://www.amazon.com/Metatarsal-Separators-Corrector-Cushions-Breathable/dp/B09QMJTDP4/ref=pd_aw_lpo_1?pd_rd_w=RSjIu&content-id=amzn1.sym.2bfa61f4-1c2e-4703-aca2-930ebbfc2186&pf_rd_p=2bfa61f4-1c2e-4703-aca2-930ebbfc2186&pf_rd_r=6QYG5HRTABP7S6ZKVG6S&pd_rd_wg=XYad7&pd_rd_r=1e827b2b-226b-455f-900b-61b35bcb55c5&pd_rd_i=B09QMJTDP4&psc=1

sdWhiskers

RD. At an early baseball game and we've been hearing fireworks since 730am. Happy Lunar New Years!

Docket_Rocket

Workday little experiment: 1mi of roadcrown hill, then roll leg.  Still have right forefoot nuttiness from the big swims early in the week…been trying googling but to no avail.

It doesn’t hurt, but feels really goofy like somethings are wrong.

Hard to describe,  it feels like I’m WEARING …

“Metatarsal Pads, Gel Toe Separators, Bunion Corrector Cushion, Toe Spacers, Ball of Foot Cushions”  https://www.amazon.com/Metatarsal-Separators-Corrector-Cushions-Breathable/dp/B09QMJTDP4/ref=pd_aw_lpo_1?pd_rd_w=RSjIu&content-id=amzn1.sym.2bfa61f4-1c2e-4703-aca2-930ebbfc2186&pf_rd_p=2bfa61f4-1c2e-4703-aca2-930ebbfc2186&pf_rd_r=6QYG5HRTABP7S6ZKVG6S&pd_rd_wg=XYad7&pd_rd_r=1e827b2b-226b-455f-900b-61b35bcb55c5&pd_rd_i=B09QMJTDP4&psc=1

I tried those things to help with my toe bunching and those feel wrong in all sorts of ways.

I have 7 later. We got like an inch of snow which 99% has already melted.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

2 miles on the treadmill + strength training.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

10 miles easy, which went pretty well except when the wind was really cold.  My knee is a bit sore now that the run is over, but better than it was a couple of weeks ago.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

delicate flower

13.11 miles on the track in 1:35:27 because why not.

<3

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

9 miles of suffer fest. It snowed during my run so was slippery so I went on the trail and I'm awful on trails especially snowy trails. But at least it was pretty.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

13.11 miles on the track in 1:35:27 because why not.

That is the only acceptable reason. 

Ran 8 miles, definitely feeling some soreness from yesterday’s LR workout for the first couple miles. Started to worry I had overdone it, but then loosened up well enough. They should have a name for a run that aids in your recovery. Finished the week with 61.5. Last 4 weeks have all been between 60 and 62—working on that standard deviation!

Dave

delicate flower

We've got a good NFL game going here.  On an unrelated note, I've had a nagging headache going since I finished my run.  I thought maybe it was dehydration but I've been drinking seltzer all day and it hasn't helped.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Ran my 7 but the first 4 were horrible. The lower back pain was not there but I could feel leg lagging like I had a pinched nerve. The feeling went away and my last 3 miles were awesome.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page