Beginners and Beyond

Sunny Weekend Penguins (Read 12 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Zelanie

Well it's sunny here, and 50 degrees. 

I wanted to run 9, but I also wanted to get the dogs out, so I ran them into downtown and back.  We even stopped by DH's work to say hello since he's working 98450975094398 hours these days.  I also got some water for the dogs while we were there.

On the way back, Mia started acting super tired (or maybe she was mad that we didn't stop by the office on the way back?)  She perked up a bit once we got back to the off leash park which is pretty much home turn for them, but she was still super tired.  It was actually Zoe I was worried about with her bad back, but her stride was solid the whole way.  I dropped the dogs off at home at 8 and went out to run my last mile.  Mia was all bounding up the stairs , but Zoe looks like she might be a bit limpy already.  If she just limps tonight and is OK tomorrow, then I'll consider that a success for this distance for her.

Hope that HsM is having a great weekend!

PADRunner

Survived my 50K 7:31:47

Zelanie

Nice work, PAD!  And a speedy 50K!

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, PAD!

Evening!  Biked to and from Pilates for 4 miles, did Pilates class without any adjustments (except no on my knees moves). Biked 6 miles tonight because I had to pick up my husband from his LR because his shins hurt.  Good enough.

Zelanie, that Mia, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

PAD - terrific job! Congratulations.  How was it?

Z - I hope the dogs are okay today.  That's a long run if they haven't done it for a while.

D - Good work on the bike rides.

AFM:  Turns out the beer run wasn't yesterday, it's next week. Oops. I did 7.7 on my own in town. Today it's pouring, but the rain may quit this afternoon.  I'll do my 12, probably on the T,M after we walk Ben.

PADRunner

It was a long hot & humid day probably 80 when I finished 84 for the day.  Start was at 5:45 so the first hour and a half was by headlamp. Went down a couple of times but didn't hurt anything. It was 2 loops of 14.3 and 16.7 the 50 mile was 3 loops of the 16.7.

It wasn't real technical course but a lot of roots, some long stretches of dirt roads. Total elevation gain was about 1650 so not a lot of climbing but I felt it for sure.

Overall I was happy to just finish. My knee was hurting pretty bad lat night but felt better this morning so no permanent damage I guess.

Zelanie

I'm thinking a root might look like a mountain at mile 28!  Glad you're feeling good today.

Ginny, the dogs have been building up to that.  Yesterday was their 5th day out for the week.  Usually they do 4, but have gone up to 6.  My theory was that on-leash running might actually be better for Zoe because she's not doing any explosive starts/stops or turns.  That seems to be the case.  She was only a little lame last night and fine this morning.  I still made them take a RD today.  I ran 8.