Beginners and Beyond

Damn Sansa clip (Read 65 times)

No more marathons

I give up.

Over the past year I've gone through at least 4 (I've lost track) sansa clip+ MP3 players.

They are working fine and then they aren't.

For awhile they would shut down so soon after I got them that I could just get a replacement from Amazon.  And then the one before this one lasted just past the 30 or 60 day window and I had to go through SanDisk.  That took forever.  But finally got another one in the mail on 10/29.  Worked fine for a couple of weeks, and today, mid run - nothing.

Shit - now all I have to listen to while I'm running is my own heavy breathing.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

I have had good luck with the ipod shuffle.  My first one went through the washing machine three times before it died.  My current one has been washed twice and is still going strong.

LRB

The mp3 player I use for running is a first generation Sansa M250. It's a million years old and came before LCD and smart screens but is virtually indestructible.

At one point you could get one for less than $20 off ebay. I think I have about four of them things around here, and see no reason to get anything else.

Zelanie

I have a Zune that is still going strong. Maybe you can find one on the black market. Smile

From the Internet.

I have had good luck with the ipod shuffle.  My first one went through the washing machine three times before it died.  My current one has been washed twice and is still going strong.

And if you really want an industrial-strength MP3 device, I bought a waterproofed iPod shuffle off Amazon over the summer when I was in the pool erry day. Submerged in water, soaked in sweat, zero issues.

GinnyinPA

I've had two cheap mp3 players that didn't last more than a month.  I gave up.

bluerun

Super B****

I bought a Haier clip in 2011.  It still works.  (Of course, I barely use it.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

No more marathons

Thanks onemile - Just ordered one of these from Amazon - $48.

I mainly listen to books on tape - and the shuffle is only 2GB so I won't be able to keep as many books on there as I could on the sansa clip 4GB with an 8GB added storage.  Oh, well.  If it works.

He's a leaker!

cjones1

I still run with an old fashioned ipod with a click wheel. Smile

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

No more marathons

I still run with an old fashioned ipod with a click wheel. Smile

Ha.  That's what I use in my car - I've replaced the battery in it twice and now the case doesn't close completely - so no way it would handle the movement while running.  Works just fine hooked up to the accessory plug of my car radio.

He's a leaker!