Beginners and Beyond

Late sasuday penguins (Read 16 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

4 this morning plus gym. Thinking of running trails in the morning.

Zelanie

5 with the dogs.

Docket_Rocket

I did Barre class and nothing else!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

6+ on the trails this morning.

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

I ran a 10 mile road race on Friday. It was hot and humid, but the weather didn't smack me in the face until about mile 6.5, after I'd spent a few miles running too damn fast for a summer 10 mile race. I ended up in the medical tent when I couldn't get my nausea under control after a cooldown jog and started vomiting gross salty sports beverage. They gave me IV Zofran and fluids, which worked magic because normally my stomach would be queasy for a whole day after an event like that; instead I dozed in the carpool back north, drove myself home from our carpool meetup spot just fine, and had some macaroni and cheese when I got home before crashing for the night.

Few easy miles yesterday morning, 18 mile long run at 8:48 average pace today. 72F temp, cloudy with occasional drizzle, 70F-71F dewpoint. It was like running in soup but at least it was like, lukewarm soup instead of hot soup. Started off conservatively and felt really good the whole way, which was exactly what I needed after Friday's race.