Beginners and Beyond

Its time for MonDailies (Read 33 times)

delicate flower

So, so, so... marathon...

My bib number is 2148. Expected temps on starting line: 28F with winds from the West at 13 MPH with gusts of 18MPH. The day before the wind is supposed to come from the South, so hoping it will have time to completely shift to West as the course is headed SSE-ish.

There might also be snow or rain, but the probability is 40% only.

Of course, it might all change, except for the bib number Smile

Looks like a northwest wind for now, which would totally kick ass.  Temps might be a little chilly, but I think being slightly chilly is a lot better than being slightly warm and would certainly have less of an impact on your performance.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Me racing in 30 degrees.  I'm the one wearing all the stuff.  That was a fun race (6.55 miles)....ran elbow to elbow with that guy the entire race but he outkicked me at the finish to win our AG.  5 and 6 OA.

I am sure he outkicked you because he was not wearing 35lbs of extra clothes...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

30 degrees is pretty much the low end of shorts weather for me, for training runs. Maybe still at 28, but at 28 & windy I'm wearing pants. For a marathon I'm pretty sure I'd still go with shorts. But def long sleeves & gloves, and maybe a hat to toss after a few miles.

I have done a skirt for 32F and tank for 35F.  28F sounds much colder but if it gets to the mid 30s by the time he finishes, the LS might be too much at the end.  But he does not take 5 hours like me, so he might just end before the temps hit 29F! 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

It was 28 and windy for Indianapolis one year. I wore shorts with compression socks, a light long sleeved with a light short sleeve on top. I was about right in that

delicate flower

I am sure he outkicked you because he was not wearing 35lbs of extra clothes...

No doubt.  That's because he is a real runner.

<3

Cyberic

No doubt.  That's because he is a real runner.

No he's not. A real runner would have worn a singlet and arm warmers. You got outkicked by an amateur

Runshortii

I ran 5. My quads felt good for about a mile. But the last mile didn’t feel bad. My L quad is crampy. Still better than my first run after my marathon last year

Docket_Rocket

No he's not. A real runner would have worn a singlet and arm warmers. You got outkicked by an amateur

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

I'm no help for the clothing talk, I'd be dressed like Baboon in those temps.

onemile

I ran 8.