Beginners and Beyond

Race #7 in 2013: Report and Photos on Stomp Cancer 5K (Read 29 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Sloooow.

Very nice report, congratulations on race number 7!

Bit of a creepy addition, are you wearing new shorts? Good "runners legs" picture of you with the two ladies Smile

hog4life

Scotty, congrats on #7. Now that's one I need to run.

SheCan

Another great report, Scotty!  You continue to amaze with all these races.  I love the picture of you with the other dogs!  LOL   How cute!   What a great cause for a race.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

Great report, Scotty!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Another great event for you, Scotty! Nice people, nice city, nice cause and the name of the race is also great. I also really like the shirts they gave. Very clever. :-) But I thought that Texas was perfectly flat? It looks like a recent development in San Antonio, right?

It was very kind of you to approach this young sick boy to give him a few words of encouragement. I simply cannot imagine what it must be like for such a young child. It breaks my heart... :-(

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

But I thought that Texas was perfectly flat? It looks like a recent development in San Antonio, right?

Most of texas is flat. Central Texas has what we call the hill country. Out in far west texas there are mountains.

Texas is big enough that we have all sorts of terrain.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

happylily

Most of texas is flat. Central Texas has what we call the hill country. Out in far west texas there are mountains.

Texas is big enough that we have all sorts of terrain.

Thanks for the info, Tomas! I knew that Texas was big, but I never imagined it had mountains, or even just elevations. It must be like Alberta for us. Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Don't call me Buttercup!

7 races already??  Wow, Scotty, that's amazing.   And you always pick the ones with the best causes!  Thanks for the RR!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to!