Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins (Read 13 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

What's up today?

It's warm (50) and mostly cloudy here today, so I think I'll enjoy my short run outdoors. Not quite t-shirt weather, but probably shorts?

Singer who runs a smidge

Halloo, Penguins!!  I'm running a little late, as we had one more meeting with the financial planner today.  I went in with several corrections to the numbers they'd put up, and basically the guy apologized for their making so many mistakes, and apologized again for not telling me in the first place that mistakes would probably be made. 

Anyway, we don't really have spare cash to put towards anything right now, so we're keeping Long Term Care insurance on our horizon, in the unlikely event that someday I get a raise and have some spare cash.  Virginia isn't really known for giving raises to their state employees, which is annoying.  I think we've had three in the 15 years I've worked here.

But hey, it's chorus rehearsal tonight!!

Ginny, did you try out your new TM?  Isn't it just like Mother Nature to send you nice weather when you get a new indoor toy!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

We are here to see Zoe's neurologist.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

We are here to see Zoe's neurologist.

Hoping for good news.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk yesterday evening around the University of Texas San Antonio campus, followed by another good run/walk early this morning at Fort Sam Houston.  Did hills and more hills this morning at Fort Sam and felt really good, ran all the hills strongly.  Weather was pretty darn nice this morning in San Antonio after a lot of rain the last few days....around 55 degrees when I was out at 6 a.m.

My wife just got her car back from being repaired..and then some guy this morning hit it in the back end, good grief.  She was not injured, thankfully and  her car had no damage at all - and the other driver, luckily, is a responsible person and has good insurance coverage, so information was exchanged accordingly -  but she thinks it's a sign...time for her to get  a new car....her car has just over 100,000 miles on it and was giving her 'signs' anyway it is probably time to get a new one.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Thanks, Cindy!

Hi, Scotty! Glad your wife is OK and also glad with all the things you run into that it wasn't you who ran into her! 

GinnyinPA

Scotty - another car accident! I'm glad your wife is okay and that her car wasn't really damaged.

Z - How is Zoe? What did the vet say?

Hopesmom - Not a good sign when there are so many errors. Maybe it's a good thing that you don't have a lot of money for him to play with right now.  Yes, I did 9  miles yesterday on the new TM.  It was so nice to not feel the herky jerky motion of the old one. I had been wondering if part of the problem was in my head, but running on a good machine again showed me that it was the old TM, not me.

I ended up with 5.7 miles at the county park while Jim was at the hardware store. I was faster than usual without even trying.  It ended up being a progressive run 9:50, 9:42, 9::26, 9:21, 9:09 plus 9:28 pace to finish.

Zelanie

Ginny, glad you got the new TM! Nice run today, too!

They didn't start the MRI until like an hour ago, so we still have maybe an hour to wait. They are doing full anesthesia.

Zelanie

Zoe is waking up. Probably no surgery needed for her, but no obvious fix either. No major nerve impingement. No hip issues. No full knee ligament tear, and partial tear unlikely.

So we go with pain meds and maybe steroids, and see if that helps.