Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES and The Worm (Read 24 times)

LRB

I ran 8.14.

Which technically makes it my longest run of the year. 

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I, also, prefer running in the morning.  Not so much that I won't get out if I wait, but I'm just more comfortable and have better runs when they're early.  6 miles today.  Long run tomorrow.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

onemile

I ran 18.56.

Which technically makes it my longest run of the year. 

^ nice work!

Dave

RunningOnSand

Howdy.

Add me to the crowd who finds it difficult to run as the day progresses. 0 miles today. There will be a few miles run tomorrow.

D, any new news on your dad? How are you holding up post running and sunshine?

LRB

Half Crazy K 2.0

I was never much for morning running, but it has definitely seemed easier to get most runs in first thing in the morning. I do not want to go back to working on-site.....

Docket_Rocket

Howdy.

Add me to the crowd who finds it difficult to run as the day progresses. 0 miles today. There will be a few miles run tomorrow.

D, any new news on your dad? How are you holding up post running and sunshine?

Howdy!

They are going to do a biopsy of the prostate on Tuesday, but it's just to confirm what everybody knows (that he has pretty advanced prostate cancer he never got checked or didn't get diagnosed early enough, sigh). I have not been able to talk to him since Wednesday or Thursday because he is always sleeping and sadly, he has uremia from the kidneys which keeps him confused so when he is awake he probably has no idea what is going on.

I'm OK. My uncle keeps pushing me to go ASAP to PR, but in any event, they are not letting anyone go in to see him except the one designated person (his GF who is there 24/7), so not sure a trip there risking Covid is of any benefit right now. But the pushing is making me feel like a bad daughter.

I am feeling OK, thanks.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

Howdy!

They are going to do a biopsy of the prostate on Tuesday, but it's just to confirm what everybody knows (that he has pretty advanced prostate cancer he never got checked or didn't get diagnosed early enough, sigh). I have not been able to talk to him since Wednesday or Thursday because he is always sleeping and sadly, he has uremia from the kidneys which keeps him confused so when he is awake he probably has no idea what is going on.

I'm OK. My uncle keeps pushing me to go ASAP to PR, but in any event, they are not letting anyone go in to see him except the one designated person (his GF who is there 24/7), so not sure a trip there risking Covid is of any benefit right now. But the pushing is making me feel like a bad daughter.

I am feeling OK, thanks.

I’m sorry, Docket!

KCRuns

6.5 miles run/walk