Beginners and Beyond

Week 30 Penguins ... yada yada yada (07/21-07/27) (Read 6 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!  Today is actually Yada Yada Yada Day, for some unknown reason.  So I decided to roll with it.

I was out yesterday because my parents were up for the weekend, and we had a lovely visit.  I had some chorus stuff to do Saturday afternoon, but then my folks came over and we hung out, talked about Scotland, and then DH cooked ribs and we played canasta.  Sunday was nap day and laundry day, and then they came over and hung out some more.  Then yesterday we went up to the Shenandoah National Park, partly to beat the heat and partly to play with my new camera.  I'll post some pics once I get them together, but it really was a good time.  Woo-hoo!!

Yoga done this morning, but no biking due to rain.  Might walk later -- my butt is still a bit tender, and I don't want to send it back into spasm.  We'll see.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I feel like when I'm in court, some people are yada yada yada a lot.  I have 7 miles tonight.

HopesMom, nice job on the yoga.  Hope your back is feeling better.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, some pics from yesterday:

Lots of butterflies!

A deer by the side of the road, who just didn't care there were cars galore taking his pic.

We stopped at all the overlooks, I think.

I took about 100 photos.  I won't post them all ...

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Did my yoga this morning, and also biked!!  That was fun, it had been since last Wednesday, I think.  I'm not sure I'll go for my walk today -- not wanting to add all the activity back in at once and make my butt angry again.  So I think I'll hold off on that one more day, and see how biking back out (uphill) goes.  Woo-hoo!

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Penguins!  No yoga this morning, and no biking either due to chorus this evening.  Think I'll go for a walk later, though.  I'm sleepy today, and DH couldn't keep his eyes open until I fed him breakfast.  With chorus tonight, tomorrow won't be any better! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I was super busy yesterday so sorry I didn't check in.  I was super tired all day that I even nap in the car in between morning and afternoon court.  So I didn't run then.  9 with 3 @ MP tonight.

HopesMom, the pictures are gorgeous.  Thanks for sharing and I wouldn't mind if you post them all. Big grin

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HM - The Shenandoahs are one of my favorite areas in the east.  Have fun at rehearsal tonight.

D - I hope you feel better today. Hurray for the PR governor resigning.

We have a few days respite from the heat, but it's expected back over the weekend. I ran 6 yesterday. I'm not sure what I'll do today, if anything, besides our usual walk with Ben.

Singer who runs a smidge

Welcome to Friday, Penguins!!  Chorus was good last night -- I got to direct a song or two, but our regular director was back from vacation, and it was nice to have her down front again!

Yoga done today, and biking.  I only walked around the block yesterday because my butt got all tight, so I will do that again today too.  Got a meeting in half an hour ...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

TGIF!  I've had a busy week!  I have Pilates and 8 after work.

Ginny, glad you had some cooler days.

HopesMom, nice workouts!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HM - I find walking the best way to loosen up my stiff muscles. it takes a while sometimes, but usually it works.

I ran 8.6 miles on the TM. The heat is back, though the humidity is still down.