Beginners and Beyond

All Aboard the THURSDAILIES Crazy Train (Read 38 times)

LRB

Ha. But he was in another state. The one that surveys here locally, well, she couldn't run from the door to her car so.......

lol

Funny I was just talking to my boss today about Tigers contracts, since they were unable to sign Scherzer. And I specifically looked up Cabrera & noticed he was only signed through 2015, and we said they are going to have to the same nonsense with him after this year. Guess they got it taken care of early. They will regret it in in a few years.

Venezuelan Cabrera.

Hispanics are taking over baseball.  We are that good!  I remember when we only had Clemente as a Puerto Rican icon.  Now I can mention a lot of other ones.

Well of course Latin Americans have been dominating baseball for quite some time now. Not too many from PR though, mostly from Dominican Republic & Venezuela.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Funny I was just talking to my boss today about Tigers contracts, since they were unable to sign Scherzer. And I specifically looked up Cabrera & noticed he was only signed through 2015, and we said they are going to have to the same nonsense with him after this year. Guess they got it taken care of early. They will regret it in in a few years.

Well of course Latin Americans have been dominating baseball for quite some time now. Not too many from PR though, mostly from Dominican Republic & Venezuela.

Maybe not lately (although I do not know, I know we have plenty already) but here is the list overall:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_players_from_Puerto_Rico

My guess is that we were the first since we're a US territory but as more countries arrive, we are left behind, but we still have plenty.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Maybe not lately (although I do not know, I know we have plenty already) but here is the list overall:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_players_from_Puerto_Rico

My guess is that we were the first since we're a US territory but as more countries arrive, we are left behind, but we still have plenty.

This is the list of current MLB players by nationality. No other place comes close to DR & Venezuela. The only current big stars from PR are Carlos Beltran & Yadier Molina. But they are both pretty big stars.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

This is the list of current MLB players by nationality. No other place comes close to DR & Venezuela. The only big stars from PR are Carlos Beltran & Yadier Molina. But they are both pretty big stars.

Oh, I agree.  But it's only because the DR and Venezuela are more available NOW.  They all grew up competing against each other in the Panamerican Games and other Games you guys don't participate.  Like I said, Hispanics are taking over the Big Leagues.  That's good!

We do have a lot of DR immigrants in PR.  I wonder what will become of their good athletes, who will they compete for.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I wonder what will become of their good athletes, who will they compete for.

The almighty dollar, of course.

Marjorie, wonderful 5.3.

FreeSoul87, he sounds like a cool little man.

Lily, I hope that you're now warm and dry. Terrific twelve.

One set of weights, push-ups, ab work. (Next week, I'll do two sets of each.) Forty-five minutes on the AMT.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

He is Smile but he also has me and DH's patience and bull-headed nature, in other words he can be a downright stubborn little shit sometimes 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)