Beginners and Beyond

The Official RA BF&B Facebook Thread (Read 2463 times)

LRB

Ask the person who thinks it's funny to put my head on Hitler and draw a Hitler mustache on my face. I am fairly certain I have about 2-3 prime suspects who are classless enough to do that.

So why not go after that person(s) MJ and not throw 700 people under the bus.  And I don't hate L&O, I have/had what I thought where friends who post there.  I'm just sick of the mass judging of this group as a whole that is beyond tired.

We get it; we're attention ho's, we're fat, we're slow.  Yes, we're all of that.  How many times do we have to hear the same tired played out lines. We are called a clique, by members of a clique.  WTF sense does that make?

One of our members was photo shopped allegedly (I never saw it so I cannot say) and we didn't go over there and start pissing all over threads.

It did not used to be like this, something changed, and now people have a clear and distinct hatred for some of the members here that has become personal for no good reason at all.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

So why not go after that person(s) MJ and not throw 700 people under the bus.  And I don't hate L&O, I have/had what I thought where friends who post there.  I'm just sick of the mass judging of this group as a whole that is beyond tired.

We get it; we're attention ho's, we're fat, we're slow.  Yes, we're all of that.  How many times do we have to hear the same tired played out lines. We are called a clique, by members of a clique.  WTF sense does that make?

One of our members was photo shopped allegedly (I never saw it so I cannot say) and we didn't go over there and start pissing all over threads.

It did not used to be like this, something changed, and now people have a clear and distinct hatred for some of the members here that has become personal for no good reason at all.

Here's the way my thought process has gone throughout this whole matter:  FreeSoul starts a thread and I don't believe I was ever the one who actually used the term "attention whore" because I generally try my best to avoid name calling and profanity.  I voice my opinion, that I felt her behavior was inappropriate (others jumped in and used the term attention whore).  I then get told by one of the B&B's finest that I have a stick in my ass, which I perceive as a personal attack.  That comment is not removed, admonished, nothing.  Actually, instead others pile on and call me a prude.  Fine, I'd rather be called those things than be known for posting ass pics and flirting with married men. Then PGD posts the naked photo which personally, I believe was done with the sole intent to antagonize me, attack my beliefs, get me riled up and angry.  Obviously it affected others as well.  So, all of this was permitted to go on by the admins.  People were banned for calling FreeSoul a name, but no one was banned for using profane language to personally attack me.  There, I began to dislike this place.

Then, voicing a rightful complaint that a nude photo is not appropriate for a beginning running forum, it is stated that it was "not a naked photo"  I'm sorry, I didn't realize having no clothes on wasn't naked.  He was wearing a wedding ring.  That must be why he's not naked.  And Damaris then changed the guidelines, and locked the thread to prevent the "prudes" from further complaining.  That's great, neutral moderation right there.  A shining example of it.

Instead of being neutral, the admins/mods took sides.  That much is very clear.  I wasn't the only one who complained about the PGD photo.

Then, despite me not having said anything about FreeSoul being slow (I think), she basically said I'm old and she is going to be faster than me.  Okay, if you want to challenge me to a race, be prepared to back it up.  I responded by honestly stating that there is no way she will beat me in a race.  That's not necessarily being mean, it is a fact that a 25 minute 5K runner will not beat a 20 minute 5K runner in a race.  Unless she has some kind of time travel device.  This somehow got morphed into me saying she was slow, when SHE was asking for a response--her intent is always to strike a reaction, in case you haven't noticed.

When people who are members of both forums (because how else would they be able to post) defended me or took the same stance as me, it turned into a war.  L&O vs B&B, even though many posters have "dual citizenship." And then a troll decided to doctor up my photo and make me Hitler and Damaris seems to think that's funny or OK, and make snide remarks about me removing my photos.  Seriously, who wouldn't remove their photos after such an attack?  Why is there a need to comment on why I did it or that I even did it at all?

No, I do not think it was Damaris who did the photo of me.  I am not in any way saying that.  If I had to bet, I have it narrowed down to two people from this forum I think it might have been, and it's not you and it's not her.  But she got so defensive it makes me wonder if she knows who did it.  I bet it's one of the "forum favorites" who gets away with personal attacks and rule violations, though.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Docket_Rocket

You did call her some bad words.  Words that were enough to ban you but yet I didn't.

And please stop rehashing the so called drama you helped create and fuel.  Talking about it for the 100th time won't change anything that happened.  You are not a victim (as nobody here is).  All of us fuel the drama.

Here's the way my thought process has gone throughout this whole matter:  FreeSoul starts a thread and I don't believe I was ever the one who actually used the term "attention whore" because I generally try my best to avoid name calling and profanity.  I voice my opinion, that I felt her behavior was inappropriate (others jumped in and used the term attention whore).  I then get told by one of the B&B's finest that I have a stick in my ass, which I perceive as a personal attack.  That comment is not removed, admonished, nothing.  Actually, instead others pile on and call me a prude.  Fine, I'd rather be called those things than be known for posting ass pics and flirting with married men. Then PGD posts the naked photo which personally, I believe was done with the sole intent to antagonize me, attack my beliefs, get me riled up and angry.  Obviously it affected others as well.  So, all of this was permitted to go on by the admins.  People were banned for calling FreeSoul a name, but no one was banned for using profane language to personally attack me.  There, I began to dislike this place.

Then, voicing a rightful complaint that a nude photo is not appropriate for a beginning running forum, it is stated that it was "not a naked photo"  I'm sorry, I didn't realize having no clothes on wasn't naked.  He was wearing a wedding ring.  That must be why he's not naked.  And Damaris then changed the guidelines, and locked the thread to prevent the "prudes" from further complaining.  That's great, neutral moderation right there.  A shining example of it.

Instead of being neutral, the admins/mods took sides.  That much is very clear.  I wasn't the only one who complained about the PGD photo.

Then, despite me not having said anything about FreeSoul being slow (I think), she basically said I'm old and she is going to be faster than me.  Okay, if you want to challenge me to a race, be prepared to back it up.  I responded by honestly stating that there is no way she will beat me in a race.  That's not necessarily being mean, it is a fact that a 25 minute 5K runner will not beat a 20 minute 5K runner in a race.  Unless she has some kind of time travel device.  This somehow got morphed into me saying she was slow, when SHE was asking for a response--her intent is always to strike a reaction, in case you haven't noticed.

When people who are members of both forums (because how else would they be able to post) defended me or took the same stance as me, it turned into a war.  L&O vs B&B, even though many posters have "dual citizenship." And then a troll decided to doctor up my photo and make me Hitler and Damaris seems to think that's funny or OK, and make snide remarks about me removing my photos.  Seriously, who wouldn't remove their photos after such an attack?  Why is there a need to comment on why I did it or that I even did it at all?

No, I do not think it was Damaris who did the photo of me.  I am not in any way saying that.  If I had to bet, I have it narrowed down to two people from this forum I think it might have been, and it's not you and it's not her.  But she got so defensive it makes me wonder if she knows who did it.  I bet it's one of the "forum favorites" who gets away with personal attacks and rule violations, though.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

You did call her some bad words.

And please stop rehashing the so called drama you helped create and fuel.  Talking about it for the 100th time won't change anything that happened.  You are not a victim (as nobody here is).  All of us fuel the drama.

Exactly what bad words?  I'd like to know.  Please do refresh my memory.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

RSX

Exactly what bad words?  I'd like to know.  Please do refresh my memory.

Why fight on a nice summer (yeah) day?

Dr. Cornsitter

Ask the person who thinks it's funny to put my head on Hitler and draw a Hitler mustache on my face. I am fairly certain I have about 2-3 prime suspects who are classless enough to do that. I know you all hate L&O but I've never even seen something THAT low even among some of the craziness there. Completely classless, mean, degrading, and cowardly, since it was a puppet/troll account.

You might want to rethink this statement. There were some pretty offensive, doctored photos coming from the L&O side, too. I do not condone what you say has happened with your photos (I didn't see them, but from what you've described, it sounds offensive). And I fully support your right to be a prude (self-proclaimed). But don't blatantly lie.

The turf war should end, but it won't unless we're all honest about our own trespasses.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

perfectform

Wish

MrNamtor

There's a big difference between thinking something is wrong and thinking something is wrong only when it's done to you.

Wish

The other post wasn't bad.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

MrNamtor

some of my pics in here were accidentally deleted when the host server crashed 3 months ago and the links were broken. I have replaced those pics in my original post.

Here is DS finishing a 5k on the 4th.

38:20, 1st in AG. He is 6. He beat the two 8 yr olds by over 2 min Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

^ Those action shots just rock,  Congratulations to your young man and to the proud father!

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Docket_Rocket

Did you remove it already?  I cannot see it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Most awesome pictures ever, T.! I think that your 6 year old is going to be even taller than you!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

That is funny, how the picture didn't show for me, I quote the post and the picture shows up.

Great pics, Tomas.  Congrats to DS!

Damaris

Fundraising Page