Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies - Running > not running. (Read 40 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles.

LM, LRB, ROS, Fred, anyone else I missed, right there with you on the weight & food struggles. Working in a school, we go through periods where there is a ton of crap. Friday was cupcakes AND ice cream sundaes. And I I have a huge sweet tooth. More free food tomorrow.

The thing I really do feel badly about is the frozen waffles. Usually I try to get the Van's Power Waffles (they're fucking delicious

Love these things! I load them up with a sliced banana, blueberries, strawberries, and about half a cup of maple sizzurp. No need to feel bad vans waffles

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Pilates and 4 miles on the TM done.0

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Me trying to run if I didn't GAF about counting calories...

Italiana626

The Latecomer

Ugh.  Eating right.  What a PITA.  My intentions are good, but my execution leaves a lot to be desired.  The whole marathon training shit put me up 10 fucking pounds.  10.  That's a fuckton on a 5'4" person   It started with the expected bump I'd been warned about (apparently it's not weird for people to gain), and that 3-5 would have been ok and relatively easy to shave off again.  Problem is I have to stop eating like a college boy after the race is over since I'm not putting in 10 hours a week running.  And that's been my downfall, and it's crept up over the past 5 or 6 weeks.

Oh yes. I wasn't marathon training, but I was putting up 50 mile weeks pretty consistently. Cut to this morning, when I decided I needed to step on the scale to assess the damage that not running for 2 months did - up 7 pounds. What?? I'm also 5'4", and I could tell I had gained some - had no idea it was that much. Ouch.

4.2 miles after work, which felt a little better than yesterday.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

5 miles.

LM, LRB, ROS, Fred, anyone else I missed, right there with you on the weight & food struggles. Working in a school, we go through periods where there is a ton of crap. Friday was cupcakes AND ice cream sundaes. And I I have a huge sweet tooth. More free food tomorrow.

I love Pfitzinger/Douglas saying if you're losing weight during training you need to eat more.  They don't even seem to consider the possibility that I'm 15 pounds overweight to start with and thus shedding some pounds will help me get faster.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

I have never lost by eating better/less, so I don't even try!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

I have never lost by eating better/less, so I don't even try!

Food makes me happy. DH asked what I wanted to do for mothers day and i started singing the 'cake by the ocean' song. Lol

RunningOnSand

lol

Say, your log looks great, but why aren't you tracking the mileage of your shoes?

Oh but I am. On a homemade log.  (tell me I'm not the only one with multiple logs?)

RunningOnSand

Love these things! I load them up with a sliced banana, blueberries, strawberries, and about half a cup of maple sizzurp. No need to feel bad vans waffles

Oh good. See? ^^^ you have become my enabler Big grin

RunningOnSand

Me trying to run if I didn't GAF about counting calories...

LOL Big grin