Beginners and Beyond

Race Report - The 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon - ETA Some Photos/Video More Photos to Come (Read 79 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great pics!  I actually look to make sure I was not running behind you while doing pushups.  With our past history and all....

Damaris

LRB

The auto-pause feature while novel and a good idea in principle, is completely impractical practically speaking.

That you once weighed 320 lbs and now can run 26 miles is nothing short of astonishing. You are a shell of your former self yo. 

Keep at it to see just how high your limit really is!

Compared to your first 5K photo and your current WDW Marathon photo, your nom de forum should not be "Lurch" but rather "The Dimishing Man"!  Impressive willpower - just one Coke per year.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Nice job Rick, congrats on the sub-5. Achieving your mathematically predicted time for a marathon is no small feat.

Sorry about the GI issues, a marathon is tough enough without having to deal with that. But it happens to a lot of people.

Keep up the good work!

Dave

tracilynn

Congrats on a great race! Well done!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Great job, Rick!

Congrats on the big PR and on maintaining a much healthier lifestyle than you once did.

Looks like you managed to have fun, too.  Well done.

B-Plus

Congrats on the PR! Sweet sub-5.

delicate flower

That's a hell of a PR, Rick!  Nice job!  Some day I'll do this race.  Smile

So did you get back to Everest?  Also, how was Victoria and Albert's?

<3

Zelanie

I'm so glad you did this one just to see that you don't HAVE to put in 80+ MPW to run a marathon.  I'm sure there's a plateau that we all hit if we're not willing to put in that mileage, but it is doable on a mortal's mileage.  Congrats on the PR, but sorry for the potty issues!  That is no fun at all.

I agree on those vanilla shots.  I went to Clif shots over the summer when I was trying to cut out most fructose (partly due to my own GI issues I'm trying to sort out), but those are pretty thick and nasty, especially the vanilla.  I was very happy when I realized that I seem to tolerate GUs pretty well.