Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies for the 22nd (Read 38 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 15 on another summer morning.  It was 65F, and windy as hell again.  I got home 5 minutes before the heavens opened up and washed away the world.  Winning.  Now, let's go make a dollar.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

You got home perfectly on time.

I have an RD. Driving to Orlando in the rush hour should be fun.  But the girls' weekend begins.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

What it do, chuckos!  I swam 2500 yards at the local swim training center again.  Again, nobody at the front desk to take my money, so I just walked in and swam for free.  *shrug*   That is all I have on the exercise schedule today.

<3

Cyberic

Beer night in town for this evening. Beer and lots of laughs on the menu. I'll be running at lunch time. Some Threshold work, specifics to be determined.

sdWhiskers

Still frickin freezing out there. MrWhiskers worked at 6am again so no morning running for me. Hoping for 3-4 miles after work.

For those who run with your dog--do you ever run while pushing your dog in a doggie stroller? Saw that earlier this week and just shook my head.

zzyzx

lat pulldown/ long pull/ leg press.

I had a funny moment with the long pull where I was mad at myself that I was having so much trouble with it. I know I had just increased my weight a few weeks ago and I feared I would have to go back down. Turns out that I added an extra 10 pounds over the increase by mistake. Oops.

Stair challenge. I did a quite respectable 40:22. In fact that would have been just off my record a few months ago but now it barely cracked the top 5. That changed quickly.

Cyberic

5 miles with 6km tempo. Wasn't feeling so good during my short warmup, so started more carefully than last Thursday. Increased speed a bit in the second part of the run, and finished strong in the last K.

Runshortii

I ran 8. Workout was an out and back was last 4 at HMP ish based off feel (not looking at pace) splits were 7:34,7:33,7:27 and 7:41. Meh

Speed day.  2 mile warm up, 6x 1 mile at TH pace with 1 minute JR at the start of each mile, total of 10.  I read something last week that said the goal of a hard workout is to be uncomfortable.  This was uncomfortable AF by the 5th mile, so I guess it's a win.

Also, for some reason the workout that is on my Garmin calendar was not the one on my watch, and stupidly I didn't check before I started out, so I had to manually lap this thing.  Dave, I continue to mentally thank you for telling me how to do that.  Who needs instruction manuals when you have friends, right?  And you can come see me anytime and I'll make you pancakes.  This is one of those old gramma recipes that involves melted butter in the batter.   If you're gonna do something, do it right.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

And you can come see me anytime and I'll make you pancakes.  This is one of those old gramma recipes that involves melted butter in the batter.   If you're gonna do something, do it right.

He'd better bring a lot of these for his next run. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.  The downside of the crazy weather we've been having is that I forgot to turn the heat back on last night. Who thinks about heat when its 80 degrees. Sucks when the next day its 40 and 64 in the house.

Haha, Bert, if Dave is anything like me, he's well trained to handle copious amounts of butter in his food without missing a beat.  I take my butter tolerance building process very seriously, just like my wine training 

And you can come see me anytime and I'll make you pancakes.  This is one of those old gramma recipes that involves melted butter in the batter.   If you're gonna do something, do it right.

Checking flights. I had the wrong gramma. We've made waffles like that (though not in a long time), it's insane.

Dave

Coastal

Butter syrup on apple pancakes.  Fuji apples.  Yum.  I need to get some decent mileage built up so I can have pancakes and applesauce again.

6.17 on the TM again today.  Don't think I posted the interesting thing I learned during my PT appointment yesterday.  No, it wasn't that he forgot to submit paperwork to my insurance company so the visit might end up being a "professional courtesy" - AKA free.  No, it was that he made a video of me running -- my left foot strike is on the left side of my midline right where it should be.  And so is my right footstrike, only not where it should be.  WTH?   Nothing wrong mechanically in the legs so has to be something in the hips.  Just might be the culprit for the sore knee.  Now I'm wondering if my hip is hung up or something.  Got some more exercises.