Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday Penguins - Time To Break Out Your Red Solo Cups! (Read 32 times)

Yes....

I saw where that Larry macon dude will run his 1000th marathon in Ft. Worth this year. That is nuts.

- you have plenty of time to catch him Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

I am trying!

I saw where that Larry macon dude will run his 1000th marathon in Ft. Worth this year. That is nuts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I am trying!

you are crazy too then  Smile

I figure if I can do 4 a year.....I wont ever get there.

Tomas

SheCan

I hope she does her 1000th one in the southwest--- Just not Las Vegas.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Docket_Rocket

You can do better.  I did 4 in my first year!

you are crazy too then  Smile

I figure if I can do 4 a year.....I wont ever get there.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

jblack - My dog is like that when we first get home, but then he sleeps the rest of the night.  It's like a delayed fatigue.

Phillie - The other couple put together a HUGE push at the end, and got us.  We have almost 250 likes though, and I'm proud of that.  I appreciate everyone that voted.  You're all awesome.  I haven't told P3, but I'm going to book the couple's massage anyway.  She obviously wanted it, and I can afford it right now.  Now, get your work done, and get out of here ;-)

Kristin - Enjoy your weekend.  Its good to see that you've figured out a way to make a long distance relationship work.  I had to move P3 here to Indiana from Washington.  Weekend visits didn't work.

Bin - We're supposed to lake effect snow this weekend.  I have an 8 and a 15 mile run planned.  This should be interesting, but I won't do 15 on a treadmill again.  I did 16 on a treadmill once, and hated life.

T-rod - That sucks about the sore throat, but running MCM with your wife rocks.  Keep us posted.

Docket - Enjoy the marathon.  I'd wish you good luck, but you don't need it.

Mitch - Sounds like we're currently targeting close to the same pace for our HM's.  Kick ass this weekend!

Scotty - You've officially redefined quick hello.  Tell Gail that I said, "Happy Birthday".

Zel - Nobody does long runs on Friday!?  What are you doing?  I know that's a lot of chocolates, but their full of antioxidants.  Very good for you.  It's like you just at a bunch of vitamins.  No biggie.  At least that's what I'd be telling myself right now.

HopesMom - I'd need a beer.  Analyzing data, generating data, waiting for parts...I'd have to generate a good buzz.  Anyway, we didn't win, but we did really really well.  Thanks for liking our photo.  I'll get P3 that massage.

She Can - NO COFFEE...NUFF SAID!!!

I'll have to pick up where I left off later.  If I don't get back here, have a great day!!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

SheCan - That's the only running movie I've ever watched.  I'm still pretty new to this thing :-)  I've had a few recommended, but haven't checked them out yet.

Tracilynn - We fell victim to a huge last minute surge by another couple.  We were right at about 250 likes though, and I'm pretty proud of my friends for really showing up for us.  Thank you!  P3 will get that massage though.  I'm going to make sure of it.

Mitch - You're going to be stalked so bad now...lol  Don't you dare stop to use the Port-A-John, or we'll all know.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

With work, two little kids, and a limited budget, I won't press my luck with my boss,  wife.

You can do better.  I did 4 in my first year!

I may shoot for longer races and just a do a few of those. My sister is trying to convince me to do a 100 miler in a few years. Crazy thing is, I am thinking about it. Wife has no idea about that one or that if she does become a runner she can help be a pacer Smile

Tomas

tracilynn

Thanks mitch, got it

Jimmy, feel your pain... i have had 2 sinus infections in a month.  Terrible stuff this year.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Excuses, excuses.... :-P You do not have to run high mileage to do the marathons, but I understand.

With work, two little kids, and a limited budget, I won't press my luck with my boss,  wife.

I may shoot for longer races and just a do a few of those. My sister is trying to convince me to do a 100 miler in a few years. Crazy thing is, I am thinking about it. Wife has no idea about that one or that if she does become a runner she can help be a pacer Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hog: good luck!!

we are on the road and just passed Vegas. We hope to get a run in tonight after we get to Zion. Tomorrow is the 16 miler! Four day weekend!! YEAH BAB!!!

Hopefully I get approved for my new job and I will have less extra stuff to do and more pay. So more races could work out.

And I am the king of excuses Smile

Excuses, excuses.... :-P You do not have to run high mileage to do the marathons, but I understand.

Tomas

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope everyone had a great Valentines Day, yesterday.  We had an excellent (but expensive) dinner at Ruth Chris.  Got home early and fell asleep through most of "idol".  4 miles this morning indoors with the $&@ing walkers.

Then saw "Amour" (Oscar nominee),  very depressing.  Better keep running to stay young.  We now have 1 week to see Life of Pi and django Unchained.

Finally registered for our HM in Knoxville in April to avoid the price increase. One hour after registering, DW gets first back spasms of her life whilw we ran.  Hope its just temporary.

Have a great weekend late V Day.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Does anyone know if Vance was on that ill fated Carnival cruise from Hell?

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Does anyone know if Vance was on that ill fated Carnival cruise from Hell?

I think that mess started before he left.  I could be wrong though.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost