Beginners and Beyond

Boston Strong Boston Proud (Read 80 times)

runwell3

as a lifelong red sox fan....well:

http://www.boston.com/video/viral_page/?bctid=2796810856001&pconnect_name=483181

Hip Redux

That's pretty awesome.

(Did anyone else think the Boston Strong chant sounded like they were saying Yankees Suck? lol)

happylily

Very nice... I'm so happy for Boston!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RSX

That is very cool!! I dvr ed it so will watch the highlights later. The Sox have honored the victims and heroes all season. The 2 players at the finish line were the ones who came up with the idea for the 617 (Boston area code) jersey that hung in the dugout all year. It was great that even on this day they made a point of including the finish line on the parade route. I posted earlier that it was so cool that my favorite team, and my favorite race are connected.

Thanks for posting the link.  I'm an Atlanta Braves and I love it.  Well done!

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Why did I open this? Sigh. Love Boston....when not Red Sox related.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

runwell3

sorry to upset you K. ... It's about so much more than baseball.  The guy in yellow is the manager of Marathon Sports, who pulled injured victims into his shattered store to help...still quite painful to recall even after 6 months.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I know. My Red Sox issues actually don't have anything to do with baseball they have to do with a person..... Trying to put that behind me and be happy for Boston.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

delicate flower

That was cool.  Go Sox.

On a baseball note, why is it that both games I went to this year, they got their ass kicked.  Thank you, Ryan Dumpster (though it was pretty awesome that he stayed in the park until 3 AM after game six throwing batting practice to family and friends).

<3

tinman11

That was cool.  Go Sox.

On a baseball note, why is it that both games I went to this year, they got their ass kicked.  Thank you, Ryan Dumpster (though it was pretty awesome that he stayed in the park until 3 AM after game six throwing batting practice to family and friends).

That's good stuff by Dempster.  I went to one Braves game this year, with seats 4 rows behind the center point of their dugout.  It was a day game and they got hammered.  They were resting starters for the playoffs and brought someone up from the minors to take one for the team.

RSX

I went to 3 Sox games this year (including 1 in Seattle). Dempster started 2 of the 3 and gave up 5 runs by the 5th in both.

delicate flower

I went to 3 Sox games this year (including 1 in Seattle). Dempster started 2 of the 3 and gave up 5 runs by the 5th in both.

I figure since I saw Pedro pitch six times during the peak of his career in 99-00, I am still paying for that.  WORTH IT.

<3

RSX

I figure since I saw Pedro pitch six times during the peak of his career in 99-00, I am still paying for that.  WORTH IT.

The only time I saw him pitch was in Montreal when he played for them. I went to BJs today and they had decent WS shirts for $12.99. I don't usually buy that stuff, but the price was good and they have a limited shelf life anyway.

LRB

as a lifelong red sox fan....well:

I was thinking about you the other day, about how your Boston race report just popped up out of nowhere yet was so riveting.  Post more often!