Beginners and Beyond

Saturday's Stouthearted, Spunky Penguins! (Read 26 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Penguins are killing it today!  Great job Jimmy, Coralie, and Cherie!!! Big grin

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

SheCan

Got in 6 last night.  Is unseasonably hot here.  80s in April in Oregon = wtf?

Cherie: Grats!  AG win always a good thing no matter the time.

Haha!  Well thanks, Jeff, though I have to admit that I was really, really embarrassed telling my time on it.  But it was a really, really steep run! Big grin

Woooohoooo@ in the 80s!  That's a good thing, right?

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Bin: I was at the race expo today and Halo was a vendor. They had a bunch of headbands in many colours! Smile

Zelanie

Decided to change things up and went on a bike ride instead of a walk.  The last time I've been on a bike further than around the block, I was over 200 lbs.  I was defeated by the hill 1/2 mi from my house.  So it was nice to see that I could just kind of get on and ride today.  I did one of my LR routes, about 10.5 mi, not too bad for the first time out.

Traci- Ugh, sorry about the dishwasher!  But now you know how to install one!

Jimmy- Congratulations!  Looking forward to the report!

Jack- Good luck tomorrow!

D2- Congrats on the sub-20 and the AG award against some tough competition!

kristin- Glad to hear you had a great run!

Coralie- Good job getting out there and pushing yourself!

D- Congrats on the race!  I haven't read any RRs yet today, but I'm looking forward to it!  BTW, I got some Daddy Yankee today and can't wait to run to it.

Cherie- 2nd OA woman and AG win?  Super BA!  You are super tough in those hills!

T-rod- Way to go getting the 5 year old to run more than 400 yards. Wink

Mitch- Hope you are having a good Saturday!

Jeff- I would love to be out running in this weather, what are you talking about?  I haven't scheduled any races until I can figure out when I can run again without pain.  I'm hoping that will be Monday, but even then who knows if I can get back to my regular mileage or what?  Good luck finding a route that doesn't make you a bandit!

hog4life

I ended up doing 5 miles just before a shower rolled in.

Zel, do you have any idea what's wrong with your knee? You didn't have any problems before you race, did you? It seems weird that its bothering you this long after the race. Will you go to doctor?

Zelanie

Mitch, I haven't run in almost a week, so I don't know if it is still an issue or not.  I do know that 0.1 last Sunday was miserable.  I am calling the doctor if my test run this coming Monday is unsuccessful, but at least I'll know that I gave rest a chance to work before I jumped into it.

It never bothered me one bit until the half.  And it sort of snuck up on me during the half.  Hurt like hell the last couple miles, not sure when that started.  Kinda felt like it was going to buckle on a steep downhill around mile 10.  Maybe after that?

Bin Running

Late check in. Everyone is doing great on the race.

Jack, that's some cool headband. Haa

6M done.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Well that's just a bummer. It sounds like maybe the downhill event may be the culprit. I really hope it's nothing too serious and you are able to get back out there soon. Hang in there.

Docket_Rocket

Yay. What you got from him?

Decided to change things up and went on a bike ride instead of a walk.  The last time I've been on a bike further than around the block, I was over 200 lbs.  I was defeated by the hill 1/2 mi from my house.  So it was nice to see that I could just kind of get on and ride today.  I did one of my LR routes, about 10.5 mi, not too bad for the first time out.

Traci- Ugh, sorry about the dishwasher!  But now you know how to install one!

Jimmy- Congratulations!  Looking forward to the report!

Jack- Good luck tomorrow!

D2- Congrats on the sub-20 and the AG award against some tough competition!

kristin- Glad to hear you had a great run!

Coralie- Good job getting out there and pushing yourself!

D- Congrats on the race!  I haven't read any RRs yet today, but I'm looking forward to it!  BTW, I got some Daddy Yankee today and can't wait to run to it.

Cherie- 2nd OA woman and AG win?  Super BA!  You are super tough in those hills!

Mitch- Hope you are having a good Saturday!

Jeff- I would love to be out running in this weather, what are you talking about?  I haven't scheduled any races until I can figure out when I can run again without pain.  I'm hoping that will be Monday, but even then who knows if I can get back to my regular mileage or what?  Good luck finding a route that doesn't make you a bandit!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

What's hurting? The quads?  Cause that's what usually fries while going downhill.  Hope yours is just soreness.

Mitch, I haven't run in almost a week, so I don't know if it is still an issue or not.  I do know that 0.1 last Sunday was miserable.  I am calling the doctor if my test run this coming Monday is unsuccessful, but at least I'll know that I gave rest a chance to work before I jumped into it.

It never bothered me one bit until the half.  And it sort of snuck up on me during the half.  Hurt like hell the last couple miles, not sure when that started.  Kinda felt like it was going to buckle on a steep downhill around mile 10.  Maybe after that?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

My knee.  Center bottom, below the kneecap, and only when I run.  Except for the day after the race, that day it hurt all day.

What's hurting? The quads?  Cause that's what usually fries while going downhill.  Hope yours is just soreness.

Thanks. And the 5 yr old isn't a penguin like his daddy. A couple weeks ago he ran an 8:59 mile. This includes stopping to put his shoe back on when he ran out of it Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

GinnyinPA

Cherie - that's not a bad time for a trail race with a lot of uphill.  You did great.

Coralie - at least you're out there running, even if you don't like the heat and you're just coming back from surgery.  Good for you.

Zelanie - I hope the knee is better.