Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins are indecisive (Read 31 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jerry - GO BLACKHAWKS!

Dave - Congrats to your son, and you.

Damn Jack!  You've got a full life.  Slip in a couple of Natty's.

J Drumm - I'm not going to lie.  I'm a little bit jealous of your super long weekends.  Enjoy the group run.

Jblack - My wife encouraged me to go watch as well.  She said she'd mow the back yard, since I didn't get around to it yesterday.  So, I got out of that Cool

Zel - Take it easy out there today.  We need you back at 100% ASAP.

Ginny - Dog walking is cross training.  Go get it!

Kristin - That is awesome.  I knew you could get through it.  The fact that you did it, beat your goal and didn't have knee problems is great.  Just make sure that you take it easy this week.  Enjoy the victory.

Mitch -  I hope it's a minor setback, but I'm glad your knee is doing better.  I'm glad that my base building is going well, but I'm also looking forward to getting into the quality workouts.  I'm getting a little itchy for faster paces.

Jack - If you see a tri in my future, then you obviously see me drowning...lol  I can swim just enough to get back to the boat.  LOL

Coralie - It wasn't my best run, but it was alright.  I ran 12 instead of 13, but I'm going to run with my wife tomorrow for a couple of miles.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Great job on the 10 miler Kristin.  Bring on the Half !!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thank you guys! I'm impressed with myself for pulling it off. However, I would like not to feel so unprepared for a distance again. I didn't feel unprepared out on the course, it was smooth sailing, but when I do run a half, I hope I can go out there with more confidence in my training and not , "I hope I can make it!" But I am proud of my performance all things considered, and have never enjoyed a race so much while it was happening (probably because of the pace).

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

My 3 are done.  I tried a patella strap today, and I think I like it.  Anything that can support the kneecap while things are healing could be helpful.  Not sure if it will get uncomfortable for longer distances, but it was fine for 3.

Mitch- I'm worried about the puppy.  Anything that's an infection doesn't usually rebound unless the antibiotics aren't quite right, I think.  Hoping she continues to improve over the weekend to put your mind at ease.

Jack- You the man!  I tell you, you are doing to be racing D2 soon enough!

Coralie- Nice mileage this week!  That's like a full run beyond 15! Smile

Awood- Thanks for the reminder.  It's hard to have something where working harder doesn't necessarily make it better.

Kristin-

hog4life

Zel, thanks. The vet wanted to do an additional urinalysis test to identify the specific type of bacteria but it was a bit pricey. So she went with her preferred antibiotic in hopes that it would help. If Bella is not better by Monday or Tuesday, I will take her back. She seems a bit better today, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

SheCan

AFternoon all!

Dave-  hey ya!  Wondered where you'd been.

Jack-- that's what happens when the bug hits you!   You & your wife are such good athletes, it would have been a shame had you not taken it up.

Ginny- I didn't know you were a former smoker, too.  I'm glad you were able to quit TWICE.  It was really hard for me, I hope I never have to do it again.  If you see this, have a good trip.

kristin-- WTG girl!   And no pain to boot!  What a great confidence booster.

Mitch-- got my fingers crossed for your furry girl.  She's lucky she has you looking out for her.

I got up late this morning, and went ahead and showered, and went over to a neighboring town to see the gay pride parade.  I kept telling myself I'd go one day.  Well, it was rather disappointing, and lasted less the 10 minutes (which is about a 1/4 of the time of the drive over!)   By the time i got back it was noon, and I thought too late for a run.  However this afternoon it clouded up a bit and sprinkled, so I went ahead and got in about 6 miles.  It was still over 90* but at least it was a break from the constant sun.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

From the Internet.

Evening, pens! Spent most of the day working and cleaning, boo Sad But my run was great this morning - 40 minutes, 3.6ish miles total, 2.85 running, and my legs feel great now! No soreness, no tight muscles, nothing! I Amazon'd some new running gear in celebration, hopefully that doesn't jinx me now :P

Personals on the iPad are terribly difficult, apologies for not getting to everyone D:

Kristin - way to rock the 10 miler!

Zel - glad the patella strap seems to be helpful, hope the knee thing clears up

Mitch - keeping my fingers crossed for your pup Sad Hope she feels better.