Beginners and Beyond

Chicken Dance Penguins Thursday! (Read 19 times)

GinnyinPA

I've never tried any of the salted gus. Maybe I should, though they sound weird.  I love one called "Espresso Love" which isn't the same as Espresso, which I hated.

Scotty - hopeful news about your cat.  Meds can do wonders with thyroid.

Jerry - I hope the weather behaves for you so you can do your race.

Lauren - I'm one who chose not to have kids.  Partly it was my lack of patience and unwillingness to get tied down.  Mostly it was the fact that I was older when I got married and DH had a grown family already.  Having kids and grandkids of the same age would have been weird.

sapf - have a good three.  I hope it isn't too hot on Saturday.

HopesMom - I hope you're feeling better.  Do you take meds for your allergies?  Have fun at the installation tonight.

Brilliant - conventional wisdom says to increase either  mileage or intensity but not the two at once.  Sounds like a good time for a cutback week.  I live in a hilly area, and sometimes I'm really glad, because they do make me stronger and on the days that they go easily, I love running, but I also have days when I'm willing to drive a ways just to have an easy run.

Jack - I hope the sports doc can help with your knee.

Damaris - good job on the MP run this morning.

Z - is your race Saturday or Sunday?

AFM:  four easy later.  Another beautiful day here - 70ish and breezy.

Zelanie

Can't remember which espresso one I tried, but it did NOT sit well. Salted caramel I love though. My box from Amazon says it will arrive tomorrow. I have chocolate outrage and lemon lime if I need them.

My race is Sunday. Lauren is Sat, yes?

Singer who runs a smidge

Walked another 1/2 mile, and it didn't suck.  Except for the sniffling.  I take whatever's generic and non-drowsy ... I can't remember if it's WalMart brand Zyrtec or WalMart brand Claritin.  Either way, it's helping, but only a little.  This too shall pass ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Ginny, sounds like you will have a nice 4 miles today; enjoy!  About the miles/intensity...I knew that but I thought I was special and didn't have to follow conventional wisdom. Smile  But cutback week it is!   Also, since I want to get another PR in a few weeks I think I'll keep the intervals but drop the tough tempo runs.  (I was doing both every week and was probably just not ready for that)

Zel, I love the salted caramel, and the peanut butter.  I, too, tried an espresso one or cappucino or something - I almost choked on it.  It tasted like a mouthful of coffee grounds, only smoother.

Hopesmom, nice job on the walking.

From the Internet.

Can't remember which espresso one I tried, but it did NOT sit well. Salted caramel I love though. My box from Amazon says it will arrive tomorrow. I have chocolate outrage and lemon lime if I need them.

My race is Sunday. Lauren is Sat, yes?

Sunday also!

hog4life

DW's dad is seemingly taking a turn for the worse. He has been in local hospital for a few days and isn't making any improvements.  I'm afraid the cancer is taking a much stronger grip on him and not letting go. Connie will be going to spend some time with him and seeing what else she can help her mom with. When the time comes, I'll be heading there too. I just don't want him to suffer any more, it's hurts my wife so badly to see her dad like this.

I hope to run a little this evening, temps are too hot, but need to burn some calories. I'm thinking about doing a last minute half on Saturday to help push, but haven't decided yet.

scotty, glad to hear your kitty has more time.

lauren, I think all us parents feel that way sometimes.

Jack, hopefully you will get the MRI soon and get some answers.

Zel, might be too late to try a new one, but I'm finding some.of the other gels are much easier on my tummy. I'm in the processof a divorce with GU

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Mitch, hope your FIL doesn't suffer for too long.  Good that Connie has lots of support during such a difficult time.

GinnyinPA

Mitch - I'm sorry about your FIL.  I understand about wanting the suffering to be over, because it is so hard on everyone.  Cancer sucks.  I hope you are able to run your last minute HM this weekend.

We drove up to Shippensburg on an errand, so I was able to do 4 on the shady rail trail there.  My only complaint was it was too short.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry to hear, Mitch.

4 with hubby after Pilates. I cannot breathe today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Good luck this weekend, ladies!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Good luck this weekend, ladies!

and gentlemen!

Zelanie

Sunday is a good day!  I'll be thinking of you, Lauren, chilling on the finish line while I am out with the flowers still.

I think DH is going to crew for me since the aid stations may be few and far between.