Beginners and Beyond

Factual FriDAILIES (Read 48 times)

LRB

I tried the curry and samosas.  They were good.

Ran 6 in a drizzle outside.  They went well.  Hoping my asthma improves before I get back to the office on Monday.

Your next marathon is when?

Never mind. I see it is next month in Vegas.

Half Crazy K 2.0

We only get it in restaurants. We've given up trying to make it at home, just not the same,

We get the Patak's sauces (or Target or Harris Teeter brands) and make it at home. Usually throw in chicken and some sort of veggie and serve it over rice. I got a kit from Aldi that was vindaloo, made that the other night with cauliflower and chickpeas, kit came with rice, potatoes and peas (all dehydrated). OMG, that was some spicy stuff. I tamed it down with cheddar cheese as leftovers, don't think that's really staying true to the cuisine

hog4life

Bella is probably on the small side at 67 pounds.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Your next marathon is when?

Never mind. I see it is next month in Vegas.

Yeap.  I might run the Halloween HM next weekend down here but being that the highs are in the mid 80s, I am thinking DNS is the way to go.

Damaris

Little Blue

We get the Patak's sauces (or Target or Harris Teeter brands) and make it at home. Usually throw in chicken and some sort of veggie and serve it over rice. I got a kit from Aldi that was vindaloo, made that the other night with cauliflower and chickpeas, kit came with rice, potatoes and peas (all dehydrated). OMG, that was some spicy stuff. I tamed it down with cheddar cheese as leftovers, don't think that's really staying true to the cuisine

I've seen that, might have to try it.  We like spicy; DH likes it nuclear.  I'll have steam coming out my ears, he'll think it's 'tasty'.

Cyberic

3:14:47 is my goal.

It might be a lil' agressive for you. I was predicting you more of a 3:14:49 

Just kidding. I was thinking 3:18 or around a 7:30 pace. But I don't know. Last week I ran 21 miles with 18.8 miles averaging 7:30.  So that made me think maybe it wasn't aggressive enough.  

Given that

- You historically do well in marathons

- Your training runs are stronger than mine were, or at least as good

I don't have enough experience to give advice, but my opinion is that you have a sub 3:15 in you. I had to make the choice between securing a 3:18ish, or risk a 3:15. I think you are facing a similar choice.

onemile

It might be a lil' agressive for you. I was predicting you more of a 3:14:49 

Given that

- You historically do well in marathons

- Your training runs are stronger than mine were, or at least as good

I don't have enough experience to give advice, but my opinion is that you have a sub 3:15 in you. I had to make the choice between securing a 3:18ish, or risk a 3:15. I think you are facing a similar choice.

Historically though I am good for HMP+30-35 sec/per mile.  However, I have done a lot more hard long runs than I have in previous cycles. And my workouts have been tougher than anything I have done before.

It may just come down to how I am feeling on race day.  I've run enough of these to have an idea of what effort feels right in that first half.

LRB

Yeap.  I might run the Halloween HM next weekend down here but being that the highs are in the mid 80s, I am thinking DNS is the way to go.

And pass up the chance to go trick or treating during a race? Pfft, not a chance.

Zelanie

I used to always get the Koorma sauces, but they're a little rich for me now.  Anything with paneer is good, because you get that squeaky Indian cheese, which is yummy.  If it's just a regular dinner out and I don't want anything too rich, then I also go for the chana masala.  I got some spices to make it at home, too, and it came out pretty well!

LRB

I'm beat.

See you.