Beginners and Beyond

Finally FriDAILIES (Read 47 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day, just some upper body weights strength training & core work.

Onemile, hope Gracie heals quick.

LRB, is it even a bar if there is no draft beer? Sounds like a packaged goods store where you can consume the stuff on premise.

About the head transplant. One of DH's magazines had an article about the Russian guy who initially was volunteering for it. He had some disease where his mind was sharp, body was wasting away. So the idea would be his head on a new body.

Docket_Rocket

People. Read carefully. He did not say there was no beer. He said there was no beer on tap. How can "I ended up with a couple of warm cans of Norm's Raggedy Ass IPA and two bottles of Labbatt's"  be interpreted as no beer in the bar, I have no idea.

As opposed to beer in a bottle?  That's not beer. :-P

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Glad she is back home, onemile!

Ran 7 outside.  Migraine was better but I was still dehydrated so 7 was nice.  And it was a cold 74F.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

oldfartrunner

Got 5 more in. Smile

onemile: Gracie looks really happy in that pic!  Hope she heals up quick now.

The head transplant thing... Give us enough time and most of the stuff in sci-fi will come true; the good, bad, and ugly. Sad Glad I'll be dead before it gets totally crazy.

ROS- Thanks  Well Number 1 is to stay injury free. Other than that...maybe go sub-18? Thinking of doing a whole 5k spring series.

OFR- Awesome run!

LM- I was thinking of you when it happened...I remember you writing about it in your RR. It sucks big time...I ate some salty stuff too afterwards but no help. Theres a guy over in our Frequent Racer group who says the exact same thing happens to him after long hard running efforts. Its weird.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Soon. Although if I can sneak out of work early, my big excitement might be to stop on the way home and (1) pick up my packet for Sunday; (2) hit the Brooks Outlet Store, which is having a big sale right now. Because I have such varied interests.

1. Done - and they assured me that no one faster than me in my AG will show up.

2. Done - 2 pair Ghost 9 @ $52.50 each. Score.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

The head transplant thing... Give us enough time and most of the stuff in sci-fi will come true; the good, bad, and ugly. Sad Glad I'll be dead before it gets totally crazy.

But if they freeze your head, maybe you'll be brought back to life when everything is going crazy.

onemile

I ran 20 minutes on the treadmill

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

About the head transplant. One of DH's magazines had an article about the Russian guy who initially was volunteering for it. He had some disease where his mind was sharp, body was wasting away. So the idea would be his head on a new body.

Reminds me of two sfi-fi novels, I Will Fear No Evil by Heinlein and That Hideous Strength by C S Lewis.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

oldfartrunner

But if they freeze your head, maybe you'll be brought back to life when everything is going crazy.

Lol! There aint much up there for them to freeze. ...No, in the crazy times think along the lines of Soylent Green, Fahrenheit 451, 1984, Logan's Run, Gattaca, and I Robot, all mixed up and stirred together.   This is what I see as the world as "evolving" to.

I mean, only the super rich and government big wigs will be allowed to get the genetic work to  really prolong life. Populations will have to be controlled and thinned down to only the "essential" people, which will be determined by the government. Eventually only genetic engineering will be allowed, and people will be engineered depending on needs and position-which will mean a class society, more so than now.  Robots will do most of the work, so less people will be needed. We are already seeing this, like big time.

According to conspiracy, there is already plans for the one world order, or "order of the ages". It pretty well crosses all religious and national boundaries, and of course there can't be personal rights anymore or truly free thought, so certain nations will have to be brought to heel, and peoples brains will have to be indoctrinated on what "values" are excepted in the new order.

Heck, keep people entertained with the entertainment being the propaganda, keep people drugged up, keep people dumbed down, and give them free things, it becomes easy to control a population.

Coastal

Head transplant:

Reminds me of two sfi-fi novels, I Will Fear No Evil by Heinlein and That Hideous Strength by C S Lewis.

Heinlein, my thought exactly.  Now if they would only do something really useful like Achilles transplants we'd be talking....