Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies (Read 36 times)

delicate flower

I ran.

10 mile tempo run.  6 x 5 minutes at 10K pace.  7:34 avg pace for the run.  That was tough.  I am way, way ahead of where I was a year ago at this time.

<3

LRB

For the brand new veggie sliders?

Whatever gave you that idea? 

LRB

Let me know if it's worth the stop if I'm ever somewhere that has one.

Ya know, it wasn't bad at all. And as I told the yahoo gentleman there who was asking why on earth would I eat them things, what the hell is in a White Castle patty anyway.

Before he could answer I replied, no one cares. lol

workinprogress11

Ya know, it wasn't bad at all. And as I told the yahoo gentleman there who was asking why on earth would I eat them things, what the hell is in a White Castle patty anyway.

Before he could answer I replied, no one cares. lol

There is a White Castle about 1/2 mile from my house and I have never in my life eaten a White Castle burger.

8 miles with a fast finish. Can I get credit for 1/2 hour of shoveling too. That was tougher than the 8 miles.

Zelanie

DH hung my Christmas medal hanger today.  I thought I was going to have to pick which ones to hang up, then I realized that I actually still have an empty spot!  Guess I need to sign up for something.

Docket_Rocket

Nice!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anyway, we noticed that Gone Girl just showed up on On Demand. Any reviews?

Thought it was REALLY good. I had not read the book so had no idea what was going to happen. Great story. DW had read the book but still enjoyed it.

Dave

Cyberic

Nice, Zel.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Got my run/walk in today around noon-time.  Sweet temps, 56 degrees and sunny bright blue skies.  Did my 'Dog Alley' route at Fort Sam Houston and treated my doggie pals along the way.  Fun outing, 3.3  miles done.  I just finished registering for a race on January 31, and I already had one scheduled for January 24th.  In February, I have already registered for races on  Feb 1, Feb 14, Feb 21, and Feb 22.  So I will be keeping somewhat race active, lol.   Sinatra got his cone off today and was very happy to go back outside into the warm sunshine, rolling in the grass and playing out there.  I think he wore himself out after a week of inactivity, lol, he is now fast asleep in Gail's lap.

(((Damaris)))...guess I missed the post about your hubby's potential cancer.  So sorry! Thinking good thoughts for both of you!   How was the movie?

Geez. Oski.....what LRB said!  Did you get into a fight or something...or maybe are on a Roller Derby team? 

Hope your workout went well OOTB!

Good luck with the 14 tomorrow, Jack.  Waffles for me, please, I absolutely don't like pancakes at all.

Congrats on the run, B-Plus and Dave!  Glad you got to get outside again, Dave!

Good weights workout, Step!  Yeah, I get that 'shaky muscle' thing too after a good workout.

9 flippin degrees.. congrats on even getting out there, Lauren!

How was the White Castle, LRB?  They don't even have a White Castle where I am now.  I grew up around them, though, in the DC area.

90 minutes in 1 degree, -13 F windchill   good lord, Cy, you are now certifiably insane!

Nice medal hanger, Zelanie!

Congrats on your progress this year, Baboon!  How many miles for this year are you shooting for?

Congrats on the 8 miles, WIP.  I'm with you on that...I'd rather run 8 miles than shovel snow....shovel anything for that matter...cuz when it comes down to it, I am a very lazy cuss these days when it comes to doing manual labor.    Maybe it's my old age creeping up on me..

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt