Beginners and Beyond

RnR Las Vegas Marathon RR, aka Maybe a Person Lethally Allergic to Dustmites Should Not Have Chosen This Race (Read 445 times)

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

Sorry about the dust but girl, you are one tough (inspirational) cookie! Glad you're feeling better.

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

Penguin Forever

With everyone else... sorry that everything conspired against you and made for a less than pleasant race. You are one tough lady!

StepbyStep-SH

Sorry it was such a tough race. Good job sticking with it - onward and upward from here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

I'm sorry you had such a tough race!  It seemed like everything had been going so well for you recently!

Karen M

Wow, congratulations on conquering that marathon and the next maniac star! After one like that, you know the next one has to be better!

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

tracilynn

Way to tough it out and finish.  You are a maniac for sure!  Good job!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Ohhh, that is dreadful.  So sorry.  I'm glad you at least get the credit for your star!

Your story reminded me of a piece my family watched on PBS this weekend- about the Dust Bowl.  Man, I knew it was bad but didn't realize how bad.  And for people with lung issues to begin with, it really is a big deal.  Hope you're no worse for the wear.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.

I just checked the results and apparently, I didn't have 20 people behind me, but close to 200.  That sounds better, not sure why. :-)

And I feel fine now.  I will not run tomorrow just in case, but legs are ready to be back.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just a stepping stone, log it and move on.  I've had to do the same a time or two. And hope you're feeling better.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry this did not go well for you, Damaris; however, you are one tough cookie and you persevered to get to the finish, you never gave up, that is something to be proud of.  Way to go! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

tinman11

I love reading about all these challenges and how you pushed through them. 

This is very inspiring as I try get a handle on running this distance better. 

Great job!

Just B.S.

Sorry this was another tough one for you D.R. Those are difficult conditions and you didn't give up!!!

That is a victory in itself!!  Good job!

Mostly harmless

Damaris,

You are my hero.  You put up with a lot of shit that would make most people quit. Thanks for being such an inspiration and for also being so fucking bad ass!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi