Beginners and Beyond

Let's Get This SaturDAILIES Started (Read 69 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Only got 11.85 in today, my ITB started to tighten up a lil, so I cut it short.  I've been lax in my stretching, gonna have to get back on top of it.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Robert31320

Team TJ

That's terrible, Damaris.  Glad your dad is safe.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

So I walked into the bathroom at the park for my usual pre-run relief session, to the rankest stench I have smelled in ten years.  Seeing all the stalls were open I yelled out, damn somebody shitted!

Well, apparently all the stalls were not open as I stood at the urinal a toilet flushed.  Man I broke outta that mug like a bat outta hell, hit the loop and never did pee lmao!

runmomto3boys

Robert: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  What a huge,  huge, huge milestone!!! Yay, you!!!

D2: Bummer about the IT band, but you did the right thing.  Nip it in the bud!

Damaris: That is terrifying!  I am so happy to hear that Dad is OK.

Out of the Blue: I hope the race goes well!  I can't wait to hear all the deets!

Bruce: Definitely take it easy yourself today!  You have been putting in some great miles, though, as of late.  You are going to crush 3:30 this year, you know that?

Kristin: What a nice start to your day with the run and subsequent walk!

Luke: Awwww, thanks!

Sparker: Fantastic job on the 4!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Finished my first ever 10 miles run this morning.  10.07 miles in 2:00.  Happy, Happy, Happy!!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

AWESOME!!!  You win the award today in my book.  Looks like they must have felt good too since you didn't mention any troubles, which is even better.

Shirfan...Nostradamus I was not, boo.  I ran like 45 seconds faster than I predicted.  The winners were all under 10secs off.  Hope the faster 10 are good to you.

LRB...For crying out loud man, let the park people potty in peace!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

robinde

Good morning everyone!!  I did my second ever double digit run.  A great 12 miles this morning.  I was nervous heading out.  I had a tough week and all of my runs felt like crap this week, so I was really worried about the long distance.  I went out slow and took my time warming up.  Around mile 3, I knew I could run for ever if I wanted to.  I was surprised when I got home that my pace was 11:15.  That's much better than my 10 miler a couple of weekends ago.  Overall, a great morning Big grin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

OutofBlue...Hope the race was great!  I hope you and your mom had an awesome time.

Bruce...You'd think we'd learn not to be afraid of runs since that's usually the case, right?  I think I'm fairly strong mentally as a runner, but still could use a lot of work.  Enjoy the shorter mileage day before tomorrow's big one.

Step...Sorry about the ankle pain, although it sounds like a good run anyway.  They're always good once they're done, right?

Kristin...Sounds like a nice morning run.  Enjoy the time with your SO.

RMT3b...hey, some impressive restraint you're showing there!

Luke...Good luck tomorrow!  Rest up.

Docket...Holy cow, glad your dad isn't too seriously injured.  That's insane that something like that is so typical.

Sparker...Nice job with the 4.

April...Well done with your 6.  I hope the new schedule works better for you and your family.

As for me, I ended up with 12.56 miles total for the day, all pretty easy running.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

RabbitChaser

I ended up with a total of 7.5 miles this morning. I walked a mile as a warm-up, ran 1 mile, and walked the last 0.5 mile back to the car. When the running group showed up, I reset the Garmin and started running. I wanted to take it easy and run between 9:30-10:00 miles, but that didn't happen. I ran a 5 mile progression run with the first mile at 8:59 and Mile 5 at a 8:27 pace. I averaged 8:45 per mile. I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow. All in all, I'd say that my recovery is coming along nicely.

LRB

Good morning everyone!!  I did my second ever double digit run.  A great 12 miles this morning.  I was nervous heading out.  I had a tough week and all of my runs felt like crap this week, so I was really worried about the long distance.  I went out slow and took my time warming up.  Around mile 3, I knew I could run for ever if I wanted to.  I was surprised when I got home that my pace was 11:15.  That's much better than my 10 miler a couple of weekends ago.  Overall, a great morning Big grin

Congrats to you!

Supp Rabbit man!

SIAR, me and my big mouth!  Smile

LRB

So I went out for a 40 minute tempo run at an overall pace of 7:25, and after a ten minute warmup, I put it in gear.

For whatever reason, I found an immediate groove at a pace of 7:11, and after about 15 minutes, decided to just run with it (pardon the pun).

Surprisingly, the pace was not all that hard physically, but the mental demons came out at about the 25 minute mark and were flying all around my head.  I was able to run through that and even though it became a physical struggle towards the end, I hung in there.

I programmed this workout online and sent it to the watch, and while running mistakenly hit the lap button one too many times, costing me fives minutes at "T" pace, crap.

As it is, I ran a 7:08 for 35 minutes-4.91 miles (including the last five minutes at 6:56), which was on pace to set a 10k PR.

I hate that I missed those five minutes at "T" pace, but will definitely take the 7:08 as a tradeoff.  I surprised myself with that one, so today was a good day!

Robert31320

Team TJ

AWESOME!!!  You win the award today in my book.  Looks like they must have felt good too since you didn't mention any troubles, which is even better.

Thanks!  ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES FOR ME.  I do believe I could have done a couple more but didn't want to risk having a problem.

Thanks everyone for the comments.  I'm on Cloud 9 (or is it 10) today.

Running for TJ because he can't.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Well, now - I managed to get in 4 miles, easy pace, after lunch today. Wind is really kicking up down here in Jacksonville. It's looking like it'll be below 30 tomorrow morning for the start of the Donna Marathon (I'm not running in it, but it's a big event here). Maybe i'll don some pink clothing in honor of the race.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This morning, I did my 12th race of 2013, the Street 2 Feet 5K.  Below is the link to my report and photos:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/1aae8ef6307e44c682b94992ed291d63/resume#focus

The rest of the day I plan on just goofing off.  Tomorrow, I am going to sleep in a bit, then after Gail returns from church,  Gail and I will go to a local park, her for a walk and me to get a few easy miles in.

Sounds like a very nice dream, Step!  Gee, I'm always dreaming about dogs and Great Legs, lol.  Dang, that weather sounds brutal!  Congrats on your miles in that stuff!  Quick, find your DH/Significant Other/whomever...a nice spanking will warm your backside right up... Wink

Congrats on the 12, flarunner!

Happy belated V-Day celebration for you, Shirfan.  Good luck with your miles.

Hop in the car?  You can drive like with your knee like that, Phil?  Careful you don't do something to the other knee!

Congrats on your first 10 miles ever, Jack!

1400 yards in the pool, congrats, Just B.S!  You are turning into Flipper!   Umm, wait...you're probably way too young to remember Flipper, lol.   Hope you had fun with your Dizzy girls.  Oh, sorry..DISNEY girls.  Big grin

Hope you and you mom both had great races, outoftheblue!

Good luck with your recovery miles, Bruce, and with the 20 tomorrow.

Congrats on your miles, Heidi.

Luke, deep breaths, relax today, deep breaths..you will be fine for your HM.  I bet you do great!

Wow, Damaris, that is awful!  Glad your Dad is okay.  Sorry he is injured, but glad he is still around for you.

Way to go on your 4, Sparker!

Glad your quad behaved for your run, April.

Sorry about the shortened run, Dave, but congrats on getting the miles in.  Good luck with the ITB.

Rick, you crack me up.  Talk about speedwork incentive at the park...

Congrats on your double digit run, Robin!

Way to go on the 12+ miles, So I'm A Runner.  All of them easy...must be nice to be able to run 12 easy miles.

Nice running, Rabbit Chaser.  I guessed I missed it, don't know what you are recovering from, but wish you a speedy recovery.  Sounds like you are doing well.

Congrats on the 4 miles, Tom.  Yeah, we had 30 mph winds last night.  SO glad they all died down before the 5K this morning.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Just back from 75 min yoga. LR tomorrow.

Luke - good luck man, you are ready, nothing to worry about!

Dave

Ric-G

robert - let me add a congrats on your mileage today, nice job.

robinde - nice job on the 12

D - wow, glad your dad is ok but that is way too close.

did 11 miles this morning with a few on the trails at the end.

marathon pr - 3:16