Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdalies, with a friendly interloper (Read 46 times)

The first few runs in 65 feel like it's 80

Ha, yes. I am going to miss my AM run tomorrow due to an early meeting, so will have to run at lunch (low 60s) or after work (high 60s). And I've generally been in low 40s to this point. So that'll be fun. And it's intervals. 

Dave

Italiana626

The Latecomer

Been absent for awhile, as I've been away from running for about 2 months, due to hip issues.

Been lurking for a few weeks, as I've just started back running, and can now read your posts without intense envy/tearing up.   Trying to work my way back up without re-igniting the hip - so far so good.

On yesterday's banana bread/chocolate bread tip: Thug Kitchen has a delicious (vegan!) peanut butter banana muffin recipe that I've made many times. It's made even better, IMO, by substituting their walnuts with my mini chocolate chips. I'm not a vegan ('just' a vegetarian), but I love their stuff. This one - especially with the chocolate - is a winner.

Docket_Rocket

Been absent for awhile, as I've been away from running for about 2 months, due to hip issues.

Been lurking for a few weeks, as I've just started back running, and can now read your posts without intense envy/tearing up.   Trying to work my way back up without re-igniting the hip - so far so good.

On yesterday's banana bread/chocolate bread tip: Thug Kitchen has a delicious (vegan!) peanut butter banana muffin recipe that I've made many times. It's made even better, IMO, by substituting their walnuts with my mini chocolate chips. I'm not a vegan ('just' a vegetarian), but I love their stuff. This one - especially with the chocolate - is a winner.

Hope your hip is doing better.

PS, I love Thug Kitchen!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Coastal

Italiana:  Good to see you.

Italiana626

The Latecomer

Thank you, Coastal!

RunningOnSand

+1!