Beginners and Beyond

Tunes! (Read 82 times)

Hip Redux

What's on your play list for running?

Here are my favorites from my current list:

Some great tunes there.

Wish I could participate, but I run completely tune-free.

Dave

Hip Redux

I race almost always tunes free.   But for some runs, I enjoy having my music with me.

I may or may not sometimes dance a little when I run.  :P

Docket_Rocket

This is the end of my marathon mix.  If you have heard any of the reggaeton music listed there, I will be impressed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Haven't!  But now I can go check it out.  Big grin

LRB

I loved the rendition of # 6 with Gwyneth Paltrow at the Grammy's, while recreating Elton Johns act with the Muppets.  Total shock when she came out singing!

Docket_Rocket

Daddy Yankee is my recommendation.  Anything by him.  That's what modern Puerto Rican music is.

Haven't!  But now I can go check it out.  Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I loved the rendition of # 6 with Gwyneth Paltrow at the Grammy's, while recreating Elton Johns act with the Muppets.  Total shock when she came out singing!

+100! Loved it too!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Hip Redux

She's got some pipes!

Hip Redux

Daddy Yankee is my recommendation.  Anything by him.  That's what modern Puerto Rican music is.

Back in the day, I actually used  'el rap boricua'  as the subject for one of my college projects in Spanish.  

Docket_Rocket

Thank you.  It came from Carolina, the place I was born.  We felt very embarrassed by it but now that it's famous worldwide, we all of a sudden admit we like it, LOL

Back in the day, I actually used  'el rap boricua'  as the subject for one of my college projects in Spanish.  

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I don't remember anything from that project, however.  LOL  But I certainly didn't think there was anything to be embarrassed about.   El Underground!

Docket_Rocket

That's how it used to be known!  Then reggae, and now reggaetón.

I don't remember anything from that project, however.  LOL  But I certainly didn't think there was anything to be embarrassed about.   El Underground!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

That's how it used to be known!  Then reggae, and now reggaetón.

Now you can see how long it's been since I was in school.  :P

Luke79

My ipod has a lot of stuff from my favorite bands, notably:

Chevelle

Incubus

Tool

Radiohead

Muse

I like a lot of different stuff, but I suppose I'm most fond of alternative rock.