Beginners and Beyond

Ready, Set; Monday (Read 31 times)

onemile

Nice miles WCRunner!

onemile

Onemile, did the tri guy want to lessen his tan lines? I think if I was running in that little, I'd go with a wrist HRM.

IK,R?

onemile

I ran 6 miles, first 4 with Mr. O

91 and sunny! Felt amazing!

GinnyinPA

George - was it excruciatingly boring running around a 1/4 mile track 84 times? I can't imagine!

Docket_Rocket

Nice work, George!

When I got home, I didn't want to run so I lifted and did some kickboxing, which is what I had tomorrow.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

Nice race WC Runner!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's pretty cool! How does your 20.6061 miles compare to similar events that you've done? What was the men's 6 h record?

If I ever do an ultra, it might have to be something like this because 1) I'm afraid of getting lost, 2) I like running around other people and 3) easy access to bathrooms.

The 22.6 miles is about average. Interestingly I've gone farther in the first 6 hours of some of my 24-hour races.  I didn't taper for this one because I was treating it as a supported long run with lots of friends.  I'd already run 36 miles for the week before race day.

There are lots of fixed time races on loops. Most vary from just under a mile to 5 miles, some even longer but the longer the loop, the less likely partial laps will be counted.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

George - was it excruciatingly boring running around a 1/4 mile track 84 times? I can't imagine!

91.5 laps.  Not boring at all.  Lots of other runners near by as well as all the volunteers on the track and at the aid station.  Sometimes just a word or two exchanged as someone would pass me, sometimes we'd share a few laps or a few miles.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

If I ever do an ultra, it might have to be something like this because 1) I'm afraid of getting lost, 2) I like running around other people and 3) easy access to bathrooms.

4) easier to drop out. That'd be my thinking anyway. Not that I'd ever do one.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4) easier to drop out. That'd be my thinking anyway. Not that I'd ever do one.

But with fixed time races there's no DNF as long as you complete one lap.  The temptation is stopping early, but if you change your mind, you can always get back on the course to run more miles.

2024 Races:

05/11 - D3 50K

Cyberic

But with fixed time races there's no DNF as long as you complete one lap.  The temptation is stopping early, but if you change your mind, you can always get back on the course to run more miles.

Good point

Cyberic

And Onemile, I see that you like your male friends with little clothes. 

I went shirtless twice on runs (parts of runs). Once it was raining fucking hard and my nipples were chafing like crazy. It was raining so hard, nobody was out, so I took my shirt off for most of the rest of the run. I put it back on when I came back out of the park, through the streets. The other time, it was very sunny and hot, and I figured I'd say fuck everybody, and took my singlet off on a bike path by the canal. After about three miles I put it back on because I felt looked at in a judgemental way a little too much.

In heavy rain to prevent hurting from chafing I'd redo it, but not just for a tan.