Beginners and Beyond

Week 24 Penguins take a nice, relaxing bath!! (06/13-06/19) (Read 5 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, Penguins!!  Today is International Bath Day, and given my propensity for hot water and bubbles, I figured it fit!  I've got training today and tomorrow, a new person on my team starting today, one person from my team and my supervisor out today, and too darned much to do!  So it's a normal week.  What's on tap for y'all?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I want a relaxing bath!

RD for me.

HopesMom, good luck with all that training!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HM - sounds like an exciting day. I hope your new employee is a good one.

RD for me too. I skipped my Friday RD and that was a mistake. I don't do well running 6 days a week. By Sunday I was ready to give up running entirely. If I do some cross-training today, I hope I'll be ready to run again tomorrow. We're supposed to lose the humidity tomorrow, so that should help.

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Ran 8 on the TM after work yesterday. I have a dentist appointment in 30 minutes (filling), 5 and kickboxing tonight.

Ginny, hope you enjoyed the RD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Wow, I was really busy last week!!  Lots of training, working with the new girl, we've got some folks out on vacation and/or exercise, so I was picking up some slack.  Plus with people being gone, my supervisor had a little more time to spend with me on my own training.  I ended up troubleshooting a couple of problems, which I didn't think anything of, but when I told her, she said, "You did exactly what you needed to do, and you're self-sufficient.  That's good."  So I guess I'm on the right track and putting my experience to good use.  It sounds like over the summer I'll be taking on more responsibility and moving more towards the supervisory position that they actually hired me for, which is all good.  Although I suspect I'm not going to get any less busy!  The new chick knows nothing, either of theory of practice, but she seems able and eager to learn, so that's all good.  Hey, I should go start a new Penguin thread for next week!