Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES The grind continues (Read 30 times)

Morning Everyone

Headed over to my local park for a 12mi LR. No tempo today as my legs just weren't feeling it. 7:36avg. Felt pretty easy but the humidity was terrible.

Good Luck SIAR!

Whats everyone up to?

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am definitely sick, thanks husband.  My throat woke up feeling meh, so I won't go to OTF and make it worse.  4 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

DR, rest up and get to feeling better.

I rode 54 miles with great weather, low 60s and lower humidity.  I would have liked a big weekend ride, but this work week has kicked my ass so hard, that the legs just weren't having it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

I ran 5

Morning!  I am definitely sick, thanks husband.  My throat woke up feeling meh, so I won't go to OTF and make it worse.  4 miles tonight.

Summer colds suck. Hope you feel better soon

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

zzyzx

I've had so many health setbacks this year and I'm just trying to run myself back into shape before October's Royal Park Half. I'm not there yet but today is the first time where I can see the goal ahead of me. Right now I'd want to be about 10-11 miles on my long runs at - considering the summer weather - a 9-ish pace. Today I did 9.5 (1.5 miles longer than last week!) at 9:04 (7 seconds/mile faster on a harder course!). So I was faster, ran longer, and stopped a lot less. I still had enough in my tank to run close to a mile of my cool down walk/run so I'm feeling much better about my chances of having a decent showing.

GinnyinPA

5 flat miles in town so I could seek out shade. After I finished the clouds moved in.

delicate flower

100 mile ride done with wife and friends. 15.5 mph, and the easiest 100 I've done. I could have gone another 50.  We stopped for muffins and cookies along the way. Much fun. Waiting for the group to finish their brick run then it's burger time. I swung home to let the dog out in lieu of a brick run.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I've been away for a few days, having taken my family up to Boston for some sightseeing.  We stayed across the river in Cambridge and I got in a couple of runs on the path that goes along the river bank (meaning no hills).  I ran 9 with 6 at marathon pace yesterday and 8 easy today.  The temps weren't bad (low 70's), but the humidity was to high that it seemed almost no perspiration evaporated.

I noticed a mild cultural difference among runners.  Here in NJ, it's common to give a brief hand wave when passing runners going the other way.  In Boston, the preferred gesture seems to be a thumbs up (though by the end of my run when the path was crowded, very few acknowledgements were exchanged, which I can understand as I'd be waving my hand every 100 yards).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.9 miles. A "cold" front came through last night, just meant it wasn't super humid. Definitely not cold out.

SIAR, hope the race is going well.

Docket_Rocket

I've been away for a few days, having taken my family up to Boston for some sightseeing.  We stayed across the river in Cambridge and I got in a couple of runs on the path that goes along the river bank (meaning no hills).  I ran 9 with 6 at marathon pace yesterday and 8 easy today.  The temps weren't bad (low 70's), but the humidity was to high that it seemed almost no perspiration evaporated.

I noticed a mild cultural difference among runners.  Here in NJ, it's common to give a brief hand wave when passing runners going the other way.  In Boston, the preferred gesture seems to be a thumbs up (though by the end of my run when the path was crowded, very few acknowledgements were exchanged, which I can understand as I'd be waving my hand every 100 yards).

How does the salute to cars go there?  In here it’s either one or two middle fingers...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

16 miles done. It was mid-60s at the start, near 80 when finished. My injuries are looking better today and running was fine, just a little discomfort, but no pain. The bandages sweated off about halfway through, thankfully I brought extra for when I was done. Iced my knee on the way home just to be safe, but I don’t think it was really necessary.

Docket_Rocket

Ended up with 6 TM miles.  Cold has remained mild, but we will see tomorrow.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I've had so many health setbacks this year and I'm just trying to run myself back into shape before October's Royal Park Half. I'm not there yet but today is the first time where I can see the goal ahead of me. Right now I'd want to be about 10-11 miles on my long runs at - considering the summer weather - a 9-ish pace. Today I did 9.5 (1.5 miles longer than last week!) at 9:04 (7 seconds/mile faster on a harder course!). So I was faster, ran longer, and stopped a lot less. I still had enough in my tank to run close to a mile of my cool down walk/run so I'm feeling much better about my chances of having a decent showing.

Sounds like you have made quite a comeback.

Damaris

Fundraising Page