Beginners and Beyond

ThursDailies are here! (Read 36 times)

RunningOnSand

Hey there, good folks.

You guys crack me up on the daily. Big grin 

So, our move went as well as any move can go? Holy shiz we have SO MUCH STUFF. I'm ready to declutter. Mr. ROS  and I are both going off of no sleep (he literally pulled an all nighter last night with the new house), so I think I may do the unthinkable and skip tomorrow's run? My legs and arms are so sore from moving. And there's still so much more to be done. Do you guys who have coaches ever do this (skip runs)? I'm usually such a rule follower that such talk makes me nervous. 

And, b/c our life is crazy town right now, my middle child inexplicably has a 104* fever. Sad Scary stuff. I'm very grateful for Motrin in times like these...it brought his fever down to 101.5.

It's a day of firsts. First double and first time running in the am without eating. I will not be repeating the not eating part again. I was ok while running, had my coffee & usual breakfast smoothie and was shaky for a few hours.

Hmm. Weird. Everyone's different I guess. I never have anything but coffee before weekday AM runs.

Dave

Hey there, good folks.

You guys crack me up on the daily. Big grin 

So, our move went as well as any move can go? Holy shiz we have SO MUCH STUFF. I'm ready to declutter. Mr. ROS  and I are both going off of no sleep (he literally pulled an all nighter last night with the new house), so I think I may do the unthinkable and skip tomorrow's run? My legs and arms are so sore from moving. And there's still so much more to be done. Do you guys who have coaches ever do this (skip runs)? I'm usually such a rule follower that such talk makes me nervous. 

And, b/c our life is crazy town right now, my middle child inexplicably has a 104* fever. Sad Scary stuff. I'm very grateful for Motrin in times like these...it brought his fever down to 101.5.

Moving sucks. Ugh. We accumulate so much crap. The benefit of moving is that we get rid of a ton of stuff in the decluttering process. But we have the uncanny ability to re-clutter almost instantaneously.

No coach here, so I skip runs whenever I want. Which is never. Except when I fuck up my back.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Moving sucks. Ugh. We accumulate so much crap. The benefit of moving is that we get rid of a ton of stuff in the decluttering process. But we have the uncanny ability to re-clutter almost instantaneously.

No coach here, so I skip runs whenever I want. Which is never. Except when I fuck up my back.

Which, I was so sad to read that your run on the TM today was a no go. Sad I might have missed this somewhere else, but do you see a chiro or PT or anything when these things happen? Sucks.

And yeah, why do we re-clutter almost instantaneously??? UGH. Right there with you on that one.

Which, I was so sad to read that your run on the TM today was a no go. Sad I might have missed this somewhere else, but do you see a chiro or PT or anything when these things happen? Sucks.

And yeah, why do we re-clutter almost instantaneously??? UGH. Right there with you on that one.

I have at various times, but I'm not convinced that anything is consistently more effective than just giving it the time to heal on its own. The other methods just allow me to spend a lot of money and waste a lot of time. It's just really annoying since it's been quite a long time since I've been messed up this badly.

Oh and ha, in the basically 15 minutes I spent in the gym today, I managed to bang my knee on the stationary bike, re-opening the scab that's still there from when I fell a few weeks ago, and made it start bleeding again. I need to just stay in bed.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I'm actually on my 13th pair of Adrenalines, and the 14th is in a box waiting in the wings. I'm not even so crazy about them anymore, but I'm used to them, and I'm not into trying out new shoes unless I'm forced to. Which is in fact what got me into the Ghosts, and now I love them. So who knows. Got 3 more pair of those in boxes. Since I have only ever worn the 9, and want to avoid updating.

I'm glad I'm not the only creature of habit around here.   My road shoes have been the Adidas Boston Boosts for 3 straight years.  But getting off-road meant I had to change up though... still searching.  Good call to load up on the 9's if they work for you.  Sucks when they change to a new model that don't work for you.  But 3 pairs will only last you what.... 6 - 12 months or so?

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Cyberic

Hey LRB. My Garmin 630 died tonight right when it buzzed at mile 2. I am pretty sure the battery was not low. I remember you posted something about this problem in the cold? But it was like 20 degrees so not super cold.. ??

My 620 used to do that, even on full charge. It just didn't like the cold. I had to wear it under my jacket otherwise it would freeze up on my run. 610 did not have that problem, and neither does the F3.

As for THE jacket, I agree 100% with what LRB said. It is very cool in the days preceding the marathon to see all these people wearing the brightly colored jackets all over the place. Lots and lots of the current year's jacket are worn, and this is before the marathon is run. So there is no etiquette, and you can definitely buy it in advance and wear it going to Boston. You won't feel out of place.

And LM, I'm not a better person. I'm just very tall (6'6") and lanky. The fit of the jacket is bad on LRB and Onemile (from their comments). On me it was ridiculous. And I still seriously thought about buying it. It's not like I said "no" just like that. There's so many people wearing it, that I wanted one too. But the fit on me was really horrible.

MTA: My comment was more about now that I'm back in Montreal, I don't regret not buying the jacket. I see people wearing theirs, and I don't care if I don't have one because... blah-blah what I said before.