Beginners and Beyond

Who has got a full heart? Maybe not Scottydog... ;) (post now updated with my heart results) (Read 74 times)

GinnyinPA

I'm really happy to hear this.  Definitely time for a happy dance.

Zelanie

Great news!

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

jwhite

That news literally couldn't be better. :happy dance:

SheCan

I'm really happy to hear this.  Definitely time for a happy dance.

Yay!   Run Scotty, dance Scotty!  Great news!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

MothAudio

Yes!  I saw the cardiologist on Dec 30th.

Everything is good. Blood pressure 126/76, nice, pulse normal, heart beat normal - normal for me that is. My heart does not miss EVERY time like my Primary doc said, it only does it occasionally. Using a running reference, the cardiologist said this is my heart's way of taking a 'walk break" because it knows it CAN because I am FIT - and this 'walk break' is its way of not working so hard. My primary care doc only did ONE EKG which caught the missing beat and kind of flipped out about it. The cardiologist told me if he had done more than one, the results would have been different - but then, as he said, my primary doc is not a cardiologist so he would not know to do that. The cardiologist did FIVE EKGs on me and out of the 5, 4 were completely NORMAL (no missed beat, nothing, just a normal EKG) and one 'caught' the missed beat. He said this is pretty normal for lots of runners and, as an example, told me if he brought 20 runners into the office and tested them probably 2 or 3 would have this condition. He said it just shows a nice level of 'fitness" and so the heart works less hard. There is a medical name for this non-life-threatening missed beat thing and he told me but I can't remember it now - my friend Doc Susan Rachel probably knows what it is - but the bottom line is that is is really no big deal in my case. - no blockages found, no labored breathing, heart and lungs sound great and strong, etc. So no point in doing the stress test and putting me through that too, so I did not have to do that at all. I said 'Darn, and I dressed for it too". He laughed and jokingly said "Well, that's okay cuz when we cardiologists walk into the room and see someone in running gear, it makes us very happy, cuz we know you are active. We loooove runners!" lol. So the bottom line diagnosis was basically "Go in peace, my son, and live your life, and keep on running." Yay!

Do the Happy Dance...

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

"Go in peace, my son, and live your life, and keep on running." Yay! 

Runner with a riding problem.

Yay!  That's great news to start the new year.

music_girl117

Wonderful!  Where are those dancing bananas?

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)