Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday Penguins - Time To Break Out Your Red Solo Cups! (Read 32 times)

hog4life

Gustav, I will talk to the pacers tomorrow at packet pickup. That will be the deciding factor, if they plan to run some 8:00 miles to bank time, then probably not. I want to target 8:40-8:45 pace. But if they plan to stay at 8:35, then I will stay close to them. As long as the 4:00 marathon pacer(9:10mm) don't pass me, I'm good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Just popping in to say a quick hello and Happy Friday!  I am off today, yay.  Also it is Gail's birthday today.  We are about to head out and help with packet pickup for a local race tomorrow.  Exciting times for Gail's birthday, huh? Big grin

Dave, great news for you, so glad it is not a stress fracture!  Nice on the 8 miles too!

Damaris, sorry to hear about your kitty's eye infection.  Hope kitty heals fast!  Sorry too, to hear about the guy whose dog did not make it, that is so sad.

Gustav,, what the heck is a Red Solo cup?  And is Red Solo a relation of Hans Solo?  Gee, if Red Solo is a guy, I don't think I want to know about his cup...Joking

Sorry about the sore legs, Jimmy.  Get some biofreeze, rub it on, works great.  Peppermint lotion for legs and feet works well too.

Good luck with your race on Sunday, Mitch.  I have Race #12 for 2013 tomorrow morning.

Congrats on your weight loss consistency, Awood!

Safe drive to the mountains, Margo!  Have a fun time!

Enjoy your SRD, Kristin, and safe drive for you too!

Looks like you are putting in some miles, Tomas!  Sorry about the sore throat, hope you feel better.  Good luck to you and DW with you training for the race.  Makes it special when you run with a special person.  Gail and I did Honolulu 2000 marathon together.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Morning pens!  It's a good thing that I have my LR today because I ate 68923421 pieces of chocolate yesterday!  Have 12 on the schedule after work.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Well, one of my instruments died at just after 5 pm last night.  I tried a few different things to revive it, but in the end I had to place a service call.  Best case scenario is that they can ship me a part today and install it on Monday.  Hoping I'm not down for long!  Also hoping for a swim today.  At least if I can't generate data, I can spend the day analyzing last week's data and putting department stuff together.

Gustav -- man, that song is going to be stuck in my head all day!!

jblack -- yeah, you definitely lose ground when you're off for a while.  Which is why I'm back at square one!

hog -- enjoy the anticipation!

D2 -- laughing at the candy boost!!

awood, I want to know if you won too!!

Phillie -- family is always good, and usually complicates things.  Have fun!!

kristin -- glad you got the yoga done!

Bin -- stay dry!!

T-rod -- woo-hoo for your wife and MCM!!  Hope you feel better!!

Docket -- woo-hoo for cool temps!!

Scotty -- have a good day off, and happy birthday to Gail!!

Zelanie -- I forgot to get into my little box of chocolate yesterday ... so DH and I will hoover it tonight!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

SheCan

G'morning you beautiful Penguins you!

Gustav-  I bet you were floating in those new shoes.  Good job on getting the miles up there!

Jblack-  yeah, you're legs have to remind us we're alive every once in a while.  While they're awake remind them they have a race coming up.

Mitch- it sounds like you've put in a lot of miles this week even with your race coming up.  Good luck this weekend.  I bet you're fast as heck!

Dtothe2nd-- You must really be enjoying knowing that your legs are okay!

Awood- I know, I found Spirit of the Marathon very inspiring.  Do you have any other favorite running movies?

t-rod, I swear you are a beast!  Those races don't slow you down one bit.  You're so lucky your wife is getting so involved also.

Docket-- you have another marathon this Sunday?

Scotty- enjoy the day off and Gail's B-day!

Zelanie-- LOL@ all that chocolate!  We know what you got for v-day!

HopesMom-- have a nice swim today, and good luck with that instrument.

Today just didn't feel right for me as my coffee pot died on me.  Was taking a RD, so I drove down to the gas station and got a big cup of coffee before i started going psycho on anyone.  It kinda tastes like someone put a cigarette (or 7) out in the bottom of it, but its still coffee and I'm drinking it!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

tracilynn

Can someone let me know how I can stalk mitch for his HM?  Weather should be PERFECT for you mitch.

Tomas, that is awesome about your wife!

Jimmy, good job getting out again.  I know my legs will be screaming when I can finally run again. How is ashley doIng with her running?

Awood, did yall win?

Zel, that choc wont even make a dent with the miles youve been running.

Shecan, I would cry if my coffee maker broke.  I only like my coffee and starbucks coffee, all other coffee is nasty, but Id still drink it too :-)

Hello to everyone slse, gus, kristin, bin, D, D2, scotty, HM,  margo Cool

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Can someone let me know how I can stalk mitch for his HM?  Weather should be PERFECT for you mitch.

Jimmy, good job getting out again.  I know my legs will be screaming when I can finally run again. How is ashley doIng with her running?

Awood, did yall win?

Shecan, I would cry if my coffee maker broke.  I only like my coffee and starbucks coffee, all other coffee is nasty, but Id still drink it too :-)

Traci, go to Mercedes Marathon home page, you should see a tab to track runners by text or FB. My bib # is 2506.

hog4life

Awood, did yall win?

Traci, go to Mercedes Marathon home page, you should see a tab to track runners by text or FB. My bib # is 2506.

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, my instrument is hosed until Monday earliest.  Turns out I have a bad power supply.  Hmm, maybe I'll head out early and work from home this afternoon ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

hog4life

Sorry for the double post, stupid phone!

Dad on the run.

Traci - Ashley is still doing it with me. She got a really bad cold/sinus infection and like myself has been out of it for a few weeks. But we both got out there Wed and ran a 5k and will do so again this evening when she gets home. Going to be baby steps I guess to build back up to those 7-8 mile LRs Sad

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Yes....

G'morning you beautiful Penguins you!

Gustav-  I bet you were floating in those new shoes.  Good job on getting the miles up there!

Jblack-  yeah, you're legs have to remind us we're alive every once in a while.  While they're awake remind them they have a race coming up.

Mitch- it sounds like you've put in a lot of miles this week even with your race coming up.  Good luck this weekend.  I bet you're fast as heck!

Dtothe2nd-- You must really be enjoying knowing that your legs are okay!

Awood- I know, I found Spirit of the Marathon very inspiring.  Do you have any other favorite running movies?

t-rod, I swear you are a beast!  Those races don't slow you down one bit.  You're so lucky your wife is getting so involved also.

Docket-- you have another marathon this Sunday?

Scotty- enjoy the day off and Gail's B-day!

Zelanie-- LOL@ all that chocolate!  We know what you got for v-day!

HopesMom-- have a nice swim today, and good luck with that instrument.

Today just didn't feel right for me as my coffee pot died on me.  Was taking a RD, so I drove down to the gas station and got a big cup of coffee before i started going psycho on anyone.  It kinda tastes like someone put a cigarette (or 7) out in the bottom of it, but its still coffee and I'm drinking it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I can picture it being hosed, but I'm sure it's not the same hosed you are talking about.

Well, my instrument is hosed until Monday earliest.  Turns out I have a bad power supply.  Hmm, maybe I'll head out early and work from home this afternoon ...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Probably not!  Big grin

thanks, not really a beast, just a fat kid on a mission Smile

I am pretty pumped about the wife jumping on board. She has been following the plan and will do great.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas