Beginners and Beyond

Hey, wake up, Saturdailies! (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Well done, Phil!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

My log....them splits tho.

<3

Runshortii

Nice job Phil! And great splits

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good afternoon!

Damn fine race Baboon.

I rode 17 chilly miles this morning, for my first exercise in a week.  I've had a sinus infection/germ from hell that bitchslapped me hard.  It also had the nerve to turn winter while I was busy with the sniffles.  It was mid 40s this morning, and getting dressed took a little longer than it did a week ago.  I won't be able to bitch about it being hot for a few months.

Have a great evening!

Runner with a riding problem.

Thanks guys!!  RR:

45 degrees sure is nice for racing, but I could have done without the showers.  Thankfully the rain didn't start until we started running, so I wasn't cold waiting around at the start.  My warm up felt sluggish, probably a combination of lingering Ironman fatigue and eating a truckload of food into late last night.  This run never felt easy and I fought the entire time. I was running hard from the start and figured I'd just keep at it until the fade.  I felt better the first five miles of my last HM before the heat killed me.  Fortunately today the fade never came.  Running with the 1:30 pacer never entered my mind before this race, but there he was as I ran, so I used him to keep my pace honest, never letting him get too far ahead or behind me.  I tucked in behind the pace group when there was a headwind, so that was helpful too.  I pulled ahead of them at mile 10 and stayed there the rest of the way.  I saw DW, mom, sister, and mom-in-law at mile 12 which was great, but running at PR pace at that point, all I could do was grunt and wave at them.  I figured I had the sub-90 around mile 11 but I never let up until I saw the finish line clock.  I jogged it in the last 100 meters or so just to enjoy it.  I turned around after the finish and waited for the pacer, then gave him a hug for the assistance when he finished.  It would have been nice to hang around after and talk to my friends and wait for my cousins to finish, but it was insta-freeze when I stopped running and had to get the hell out of there and get some dry clothes on.

Looks like I ran a 10 second or so positive split.  Not bad.  7/233 AG, and 133/4128 OA.  Damn good race, but I know I can do better if I ever give my damn legs a chance to recover.

This is the big annual race around here.  It's so awesome seeing so many friends on race day every year, which is why I'll always run it no matter what I do leading into it.  I've done this eight years in a row now, four times doing the FM, and four times doing the HM.

Nicely done.

Yes I've raced in those conditions - not so bad till after you finish, then you get the full-body paint-mixer shivers.

Hard to believe you had this kind of performance on tired legs, with a sluggish start. When's the next half?

Dave

delicate flower

Nicely done.

Yes I've raced in those conditions - not so bad till after you finish, then you get the full-body paint-mixer shivers.

Hard to believe you had this kind of performance on tired legs, with a sluggish start. When's the next half?

Disney Wine and Dine 10K/HM weekend Nov 3/4.  I'll jog the 10K with DW for photos, then run the HM hard but with photo stops as long as there is no line.

<3

Docket_Rocket

4 TM miles done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon, congrats on the PR!

GinnyinPA

Baboon - that is an amazing PR so soon after your ironman.

onemile

Congrats Baboon!

I just ran 5 this morning. big workout tomorrow.

KCRuns

Congrats on the PR, Baboon! Sub- 1:30 is amazing!

I walked 3 miles this morning.  Going to try an easy run tomorrow with my SIL.

LRB

Congrats on the PR, Baboon! Sub- 1:30 is amazing!

I walked 3 miles this morning.  Going to try an easy run tomorrow with my SIL.

6 days off is about as good as it gets. There shouldn't be any issues.

6 days off is about as good as it gets. There shouldn't be any issues.

You say that, but you know the first run back is gonna suuuuck.

Dave