Beginners and Beyond

The day after yesterday Dailies #131 (Read 21 times)

KCRuns

During lunch, I walked a half mile to UPS to drop off some Amazon returns and then did 5.3 on the lakefront with 15x 1:00/1:00 fartleks.  That was about 8x too many, but in an effort to build back some mental toughness that I'll need for racing, I powered through instead of skipping the rest like I wanted.  It hurt.

I also broke out my last pair of Ghosts in a box (12s), so now I need to send DH searching for new ones for me. I need new Ghosts and Rides; I like to alternate between the two.

My company is not big on swag, but our clients are very into it and bring lots for our sales calls with buyers.  They send some to us as well, lots of mugs, shirts, hats, bags, etc.  Nothing as nice as a pullover, jacket or kimono though.

I also broke out my last pair of Ghosts in a box (12s), so now I need to send DH searching for new ones for me.

Good luck! They are very scarce, you'll have to get lucky based on your size, and hopefully you're not picky on color. I ended up finding them on eBay, which is a place I'm pretty sure I've never bought running shoes. Or anything really, in many years. But none in my size anywhere else on the planet as far as I could tell.

One more swag comment. When I got let go from my last job, the HR lady sat in my office while I cleaned out my personal things. (Which for me, was mainly the contents of my snack drawer.) When I'm finished, she helpfully points out I neglected to take the coffee mug, which had the company logo. I wanted to say, if you think I want to have a damn thing in my possession with this fucking company's name on it, you're out of your mind.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

The majority of company swag I have, I bought. We do a t-shirt fundraiser once or twice a year. I have a bunch of logo shirts from the work-sponsored 5k. I do have a few coffee cups too.

KCRuns

Good luck! They are very scarce, you'll have to get lucky based on your size, and hopefully you're not picky on color. I ended up finding them on eBay, which is a place I'm pretty sure I've never bought running shoes. Or anything really, in many years. But none in my size anywhere else on the planet as far as I could tell.

DH frequently buys running shoes for me on eBay.  Some new, some with only 10-15 miles on them, all much cheaper than in the store.  Some people buy shoes from stores that won't take returns if you wear the shoes, and they decide they don't like them after one or two runs in them.  We've had good luck finding shoes on eBay.

onemile

I ran 8 with a cut down ladder of 1600, 1200, 1000, 2x800, 3x400 all with 1 min recoveries.. URP ran the 1600 with me and then fell off halfway through the 1200. He hasn't done a workout in awhile and was having a coughing fit during the recovery

DH frequently buys running shoes for me on eBay.  Some new, some with only 10-15 miles on them, all much cheaper than in the store.  Some people buy shoes from stores that won't take returns if you wear the shoes, and they decide they don't like them after one or two runs in them.  We've had good luck finding shoes on eBay.

Oh yeah I did see some of those. Mine (new in box) were $95, the returns (“some dirt on sole&rdquoWink were $75 I think.

Dave

Cyberic

I ran 8 with a cut down ladder of 1600, 1200, 1000, 2x800, 3x400 all with 1 min recoveries.. URP ran the 1600 with me and then fell off halfway through the 1200. He hasn't done a workout in awhile and was having a coughing fit during the recovery

Cool workout ! So URP's lack of training is finally catching up to him.