Beginners and Beyond

Fast ThursDAILIES? (Read 34 times)

onemile

I was happy with my Achilles yesterday, but the improvement I thought there was is much smaller in reality, although there is a minor improvement compared to the first couple of days. But the limping has given me small pains in other places, like the hip, ffs.

I tend to get sore Achilles but never to the point of limping.  Ick.

onemile

So this time I did something to my back and unlike what often happens, it still hurt on my run. Like, a LOT. I almost shut it down at the very beginning, but kept going hoping it would loosen up. It did a tiny bit, enough for me to power through it; fortunately only a short one scheduled. But, fuck. 5 miles.

Why did you do that? 

Why did you do that? 

IKR? I usually prefer to do this type of thing the week before the race.

Dave

Cyberic

I tend to get sore Achilles but never to the point of limping.  Ick.

My run went well. I did a Hansons Strength workout, as I didn't want to run too fast.

3 x (2 miles at 6:50 with 2 minutes easy). I am not limping now, even if I feel it in the Achilles (well, I'm sitting down right now   )

LRB

I ran through an achilles issue while training for Detroit, 2012. At one point in late August, it had swollen to the size of an egg.

Have you determined what caused it?

Cyberic

I ran through an achilles issue while training for Detroit, 2012. At one point in late August, it had swollen to the size of an egg.

Have you determined what caused it?

It happened in the last of 7 x 4 minutes intervals last Thursday on the stupid square track. There was someone in the inner lane, so I took the wide turn and I just felt something right there. But also, since the beginning of that run, I felt like I had tied my shoe wrong as I felt the upper back of the shoe pressuring the Achilles.

So no, I don't know exactly what happened, I only know when it happened. It also feels like the Achilles is bruised more than inflamed, if such a thing is possible.

MTA: The track is only two lanes wide, so to minimize the corners, I usually come in from the outer lane, cut the corner through the inner lane, and end up in the outer lane again. Except when there's someone, and then I have to stick to one of the lanes, and when running at a faster clip, it's not very comfortable to do so.

MTA2: Yesterday I looked, and although I'm not very flexible, I managed to see, and there's no apparent swolleness (or whatever the word is)

workinprogress11

IKR? I usually prefer to do this type of thing the week before the race.

Get all that crap out of the way now.

Heading out for 5.

Runshortii

3 easy. finally feeling better to run after been dealing with tonsilitis all week and being on antibiotics.

LRB

It happened in the last of 7 x 4 minutes intervals last Thursday on the stupid square track. There was someone in the inner lane, so I took the wide turn and I just felt something right there. But also, since the beginning of that run, I felt like I had tied my shoe wrong as I felt the upper back of the shoe pressuring the Achilles.

So no, I don't know exactly what happened, I only know when it happened. It also feels like the Achilles is bruised more than inflamed, if such a thing is possible.

MTA: The track is only two lanes wide, so to minimize the corners, I usually come in from the outer lane, cut the corner through the inner lane, and end up in the outer lane again. Except when there's someone, and then I have to stick to one of the lanes, and when running at a faster clip, it's not very comfortable to do so.

MTA2: Yesterday I looked, and although I'm not very flexible, I managed to see, and there's no apparent swolleness (or whatever the word is)

Swelling? This is a good thing.

Cyberic

No swelling, thanks. Yeah, good thing. 2nd run of the day done, over 14 miles total for the day. I'll see how the Achilles feels tomorrow. I'm confident again.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry about the back, Dave.

I ran 6 on the TM at around my normal pace and the coughing was minimal.  Was running the next 4 with hubby and I elected to nap. WTF.  Still, 6 strong miles after meh runs with the cough, I like that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 total, technically 5.5 outside with 15 x 1 minute hard/ 1 min recover and then 3.5 on the treadmill. Maybe 10-15 minutes between the 2.

DavePNW, hope the back feels better.

Cyberic, that track sounds tough to run on.

onemile

I ran 8.