Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: Emphasis on Sun (Read 36 times)

Docket_Rocket

I didn't know that this was even a thing until I saw it yesterday.

The watch is fine on any other route and for all other uses. I've not had any other issue with it except for it shutting down in 20 degrees and less. Turning off the vibrating alert solved that.

The only issue with second recording is that it drains the battery more than the other method.  But I think it's more exact on distance for us OCDers.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

The only issue with second recording is that it drains the battery more than the other method.  But I think it's more exact on distance for us OCDers.

I think it has a very little hit on the  battery, and also takes more space. But this is 2018. The smart recording made sense in 2010. And even then. Maybe if you're buying the lower end watches, maybe... But with the 220 and up, there's more than enough of everything.

delicate flower

Strava is having issues with sharing to FB from the website (not from the mobile app, though) and also with Garmin, from what I read.

Strava does seem to be having issues.  My triathlon data wouldn't load, and now Flbys aren't working.  BOOOOO lame

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon, congrats on the AG win! Is that a quilt in the background?

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Won my AG in my triathlon.  15 OA out of 91.

1100 yard swim was tough.  The way it's laid out means 2/3 of it was upstream.    My 200 yard splits are ridiculous.  700 yards slow as hell, 400 yards of flying.  Rank on the swim was 32.  Not bad.

30.28 mile bike went well but it was getting hot.  I tried to stay ahead of the heat by pouring two full bottles of water on me.  20 mph.  Bike rank was 23.

7.1 mile run was in full sun, heat, and humidity.  I grabbed another full bottle of water at the start, carried it in my jersey pocket, and spent the run periodically dumping it on me, plus full cups of more water dumping at each station.  7:31 avg pace with a nice negative split.  Pretty good run in that shit.

Overall I was about 90 seconds slower than last year.  Last year the weather was perfect, and slightly chilly.  I'm happy with my race today considering the heat and my current training load.  Full steam ahead.

AG win was this nifty towel.  DW did the sprint race and got 2nd AG.  WOO HOO!  And she has to run two more hours this evening lmao.

Congratulations!  And to DW as well

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

delicate flower

Baboon, congrats on the AG win! Is that a quilt in the background?

Yes, it's made with shirts from prior year races.  They use it as the backdrop for award photos.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Baboon!

15 TM miles done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Congrats Baboon and Mrs. Baboon!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Cyberic

AG win! Yeah man!

Mr MattM

5 am

3 pm

a lot of robotics work in between

be curious; not judgmental