Beginners and Beyond

2015 Chicago Marathon RR (Read 85 times)

hog4life

Your sheer determination always inspires me. Congrats on the course PR. I am sorry that you have so many tummy problems, I can easily relate though.

delicate flower

A race like this really makes you take inventory of your racing, your training, and how you approach life in general, and my takeaway from this is that what the hell is the deal with you and your sock issues in marathons?

<3

Docket_Rocket

Lol. It happens in every run. My arthritis is what moves the sock. 4 of my toes move and one does not. It moves the sock all through the run but I only move it after it bunches. Which can happen every 7 mile or every mile depending on how much it wants to ruin my life.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I had you on tracking with two of my local friends.

So, you hurled (a few times) fixed a sock, drank beer and finished the marathon.  Fuck not bad at all.

Oh are those Tifosi...  I think I have that pair.  Wink

Docket_Rocket

They sure are Tifosis!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Nice course PR, and way to hang tough through that last 10K.  I'm glad you got to run it again and pass those bad spots from before.  They're yours now!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Great job and RR D, even under the circumstances.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sorry we missed the race, but hope to see you next year (when you're not vomiting).  Congrats !!!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Have you ever had a marathon where everything went right? or even only one thing went wrong? I admire your perseverance in the face of all that and still ran close to your PB.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys.

wcrunner, yes.  My PR was on a race where the weather was great (42F) and I felt fine throughout (asthma-wise), albeit a bit windy (18mph).  I want that to happen again (maybe less wind, ha) so I can run what I know I can.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Leave it to you to set a course PR while puking and having sock issues, great job! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

workinprogress11

Wow, a course PR after all that. Great job pushing through!  I was even hot and I was just spectating so I can imagine how the runners felt.  Keep at it. It has to all come together for you sometime. You deserve it!