Beginners and Beyond

Does this appeal to anyone? (Read 194 times)

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

As a resident of Phoenix for 35+ years and someone who has ran outside in 115°+ degrees during the day I will say this:

No, it isn't appealing

Yes, it is a complete "gimmick race"

You people have issues 

I thought this was going to be a link to the Lingerie Football League. Which would have had a different answer, but the answer to this one is NO.

However I think Damaris & some of her fellow Floridians, Texans, et al would like to sentence us whiny Northerners who have been complaining all winter to this event.

Dave

Village people

That doesn't sound like a smart idea.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Nope. Not even a little bit.

Yea, it was ~80 (and overcast) yesterday and I struggled through my run. I know runners are crazy, but this is a whole new kind of stupid.

Nope. Not even a little bit.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

delicate flower

Well, I ran a HM on a 91 degree day last year.  What's another 20 degrees?

<3

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I hate running in the heat. My body agrees. When I ran in 85/90 degree heat last year I added 10 minutes to my 10k time. I like heat when I'm swimming in a lake, not when I'm racing on a road.

Ugh, I would really want to do something cool like Badwater, but I'll have to figure out how to get my body on board.

- Andrew

Hip Redux

There's an equivalent Hot Hundred bike ride.

But at least on a bike you get a breeze.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yea, it was ~80 (and overcast) yesterday and I struggled through my run. I know runners are crazy, but this is a whole new kind of stupid.

Haha, me too. It was about 85 when I went out, which is crazy unseasonably warm for here (Eastern PA). I had planned on 8 miles, but truthfully I was relieved when the thunder started rolling in because then I was forced to end my run early.

LRB

+1

And besides, it's dry heat.  : : ducks : :

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

That's a lot of degrees outside my comfort zone.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Mostly harmless

I thought this was going to be a link to the Lingerie Football League. Which would have had a different answer, but the answer to this one is NO.

However I think Damaris & some of her fellow Floridians, Texans, et al would like to sentence us whiny Northerners who have been complaining all winter to this event.

I heard on the radio yesterday that there are now TWO new ways to objectify admire women athletes: http://lingeriebasketball.com and http://www.bikinibasketball.com

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Docket_Rocket

Sure, at least it's a dry heat.

Hmmmm, no.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

SheCan

When I lived in the Phx area, I wouldn't even shop during the day.  Walking across a parking lot when it's that hot is miserable to me.  And it's not just the temperature there, it's also that there's very little shade and that sun is intense.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson