Beginners and Beyond

Bundt Cake Penguin Wednesdailies! (Read 12 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's National Bundt Day!!  I haven't made a lot of bundt cakes, although I have a pretty reliable pound cake recipe.  But I have a new recipe for chai spiced bundt cake that I want to try out at some point.  Maybe this weekend, although I also have quartet coaching this weekend.  We'll see.  Woo-hoo!!

In other news, it's only Wednesday.  I could've sworn it was Thursday. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Cake, now that's what I've been talking about!  I have weights and nothing else today, as I shifted workouts due to my 10k race Sunday.

HopesMom, I wish it was Thursday!

Damaris

GinnyinPA

HM - I love Bundt cake. I haven't had any for a long time, but yum!

D - You must be feeling good, to voluntarily do a shorter faster race. Will Richard be running too?

AFM:  we were up early to get Ben to the vet for his liver bile test. That means I may do a longer run today, since I can do it without having to deal with school buses and afternoon traffic. Late morning is a lot easier than late afternoon.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I didn't even ask if he was running, but I assume he will say no. I do need a new POT as nothing I have run in the last 2 years is close to my best (running HMs with Richard are 15-20 mins slower than my current POT that's expiring).  I am also eyeing a HM two weeks after my marathon if the weather is good to try another POT.  I don't race often but I always had shorter races to use as POT but the weather has turned to shit here in the last 3 years so those have gone away (not racing a 5K or 10K in the 80-90s).

Good luck to Ben!

Damaris

LRB

CAKE. 👍

GinnyinPA

What is POT?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

What is POT?

Proof of time for corral assignments.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

What is POT?

Stuff you SMOKE!  Then you eat CAKE!!

Ok, Docket's explanation makes more sense ...

LRB

Stuff you SMOKE!  Then you eat CAKE!!

That's how we did it...I mean, that's how the people I saw doing it, did it.