Beginners and Beyond

My first run on the first day of spring..... (Read 60 times)

Gator eye

SUCKED!

13 degree's with a 15 mph wind, I froze my butt off. Angry   Again

It's been so cold for so long I think I forgot how to sweat. Where's the warmth? At this point any run above 32 degree's would be a heat wave.

Rant over Black eye

I made the mistake of looking at the temps at this time last year: 82 degrees. Today's high? 30. Spring, my ass.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

bluerun

Super B****

Guess I ran in a heat wave then -- it was 34!

I hate winter.  Sad

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

BruceD555

Actual temp this morning 9 ... feels like -10. Didn't even bother with outside - resorted to 10 on the TM this morning. Spring? I don't think so...

Train smart ... race smarter.

Mostly harmless

Makes me glad I'm still in recovery mode. Another SRD for me. :-)

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Gator eye

Actual temp this morning 9 ... feels like -10. Didn't even bother with outside - resorted to 10 on the TM this morning. Spring? I don't think so...

10 miles on a treadmill or 10 miles in -10?

That's a tough decision either way you go

Dr. Cornsitter

We got eight inches of snow yesterday and it was still on the ground this morning. Well played, March. Well played.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Walk-Jogger

SUCKED!

13 degree's with a 15 mph wind, I froze my butt off. Angry   Again

It's been so cold for so long I think I forgot how to sweat. Where's the warmth? At this point any run above 32 degree's would be a heat wave.

Rant over Black eye

And that is precisely why I do most of my runs on an indoor track all winter and into the spring - it's well lit, warm, no wind, music playing over the sound system, and lots of other people around to keep me company... Big grin

Retired &  Loving It

LRB

That was funny!

It was so cold here for so long that the recent streak of mid to high 20's we have been getting has been a God send. 

My, what wind chills in the single digits and teens will do to expectations!

delicate flower

Meh, whiners.

Big grin

<3

happylily

Six months of the year, it's a beautiful 50F in my garage, when I run on my TM. Nah nah... Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

flarunner

It was 65 degrees this morning when I ran. Just sayin'...

Wink

Gator eye

It was 65 degrees this morning when I ran. Just sayin'...

Wink

Remind me of this post come August. Evil

Luke79

It's so hard for me to picture you guys having all this cold weather.  It's been spring for a while here now.  Get warm soon!