Beginners and Beyond

Friday: Work It (Read 33 times)

delicate flower

The sun finally came out, for the first time this week. I ran 6.6 easy miles in town.

ROS - I take it you haven't registered for the race either?

Baboon - good luck with your race this weekend. It is too bad about the swimming, after all your hard work, but safety is key. Will the running or bike courses be affected by all the rain?

A good portion of the run course is currently underwater.  They told us at the athlete briefing yesterday that the plan is to have a full 26.2 mile run on a yet to be announced modified course.  The bike course is good to go.

I am not entirely disappointed about not having to swim in a river of feces.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with 10 x 1 minute hard, 1:45 recoveries. Initial plan was do do the 3 or 4 on the road, then the rest on the track. I didn't check the schedule, by the time I was on the 3rd, I could hear the sounds of a football game. Guess it was homecoming. Middle ones were mostly uphill. Most were faster than 5k pace, had a few times I slowed for sidewalk slime. No clue what it is, but we've had so much rain and in spots with standing water, the sidewalk is slippery and slimy. I'd prefer not to slip and fall.

Baboon, yuck on the river of feces. Hope the run course clears up.