Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins Never Get <Censored>! (Read 278 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Awood - what's the drop for each shoe? You can always slowly rotate them in especially if you are running the streak. You could run them after your runs starting with a mile and adding on. Sometimes you can just wear them with out any issues.

That's what I was thinking.  The Saucony has a 8mm drop.  I'm not sure about the Asics.  I'm thinking it's 11mm.  I love the feel of both of them when I run in them, but that's just around the parking lot of the shoe store...lol

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I wouldn't even worry about 3mm. If you were going 8mm, say from a 12 down to a 4, you might need to transition into them.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thanks Gustav.  The LRS said the same thing, but they're selling shoes  :-)  This is my second pair of the same shoes, and I really like them.  I think I'd just like to try something new that's a bit lighter.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

Jeff, 14/51 means the plan is 14 week long with a peak at 51 miles.. It's a pfitzinger plan.. Try to get this book "Advanced Marathoning" if you like to read.

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Marathoning-2nd-Peter-Pfitzinger/dp/0736074600

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Mmmmm...beer

Wow, turned into a busy day.  I missed my run in the sun, but was able to get out there in the dark for 8 fast miles.  I wanted to put some more miles on my Kinvaras, and my legs must have thought it was a race lol

Damaris, I couldn't help borrowing your badassedness, but I did add a lil mf of my own. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Yes.... 6 miles done. No more rain, but of course the wind decided to pick up. Nothing is worse than running uphill in a headwind.   

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Thanks Gustav.  The LRS said the same thing, but they're selling shoes  :-)  This is my second pair of the same shoes, and I really like them.  I think I'd just like to try something new that's a bit lighter.

My Saucony Guide 5's (8mm) haven't caused me any problems, except a black toe, but that's probably because they are a little snug.

Docket_Rocket

Wow, turned into a busy day.  I missed my run in the sun, but was able to get out there in the dark for 8 fast miles.  I wanted to put some more miles on my Kinvaras, and my legs must have thought it was a race lol

Damaris, I couldn't help borrowing your badassedness, but I did add a lil mf of my own. Smile

LOL.  There's enough bad ass in all of us.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page