Beginners and Beyond

Marathon MONDAILIES (Read 51 times)

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good morning, everyone!

I've done my thirty-five push-ups. I'm heading out for a run in a few minutes.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning Basya!  Hope you have a great run. Smile

Good luck to all of our Boston runners today!!

I have to go into work early, so I'll get some easy recovery miles in later today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

What up doe!

I have never run Boston, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.  ; )

flarunner

Mornin' Gang!

Switching my day off from yesterday to today since I ran a race yesterday.

1:41:49

OA: 21/1256 - women's only race

AG: 1/115 -  1st overall GM

Have a great day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 recovery miles and weights (I moved the weights again, ha).  Busy day at work today, but I hope I can stalk the Boston runners at some point in time.

Basya, great pushups.  Enjoy your run.

D2, enjoy your recovery run later.

LRB, LOL.  Where is my coffee?

Flarunner, smoking time!  Congrats.  Are we going to see an RR from you?????

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dave, have a great recovery run.

Rick, did you sleep well? Smile

flarunner, congratulations! Enjoy your well-earned rest day.

Damaris, I hope that you have fun lifting and running.

6.36 miles in 1:00:00. 9:26 pace. Splits:

Mile 1: 10:20

Mile 2: 9:40.54

Mile 3: 9:29.24

Mile 4: 9:18.63

Mile 5: 8:56.29

Mile 6: 8:57.63

Mile .36: 3:17.75 (9:07)

Easy-peasy lemon-squeezy, as my kids would say. I think that I have a sub-hour 10K somewhere in my fat bag for June 2.

Docket_Rocket

Doh, Basya.  Of course.  I think you are closer to my paces (well, not on the runs) and my PR is 51:25.  Based upon your runs I think you can run the 10K between 50-55 minutes easy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY!!!  Happy Monday!  Sure it's Boston Marathon Day, but let's not forget that the Red Sox have an 11:00 game against a division opponent.  Let's hope they can keep their strong start going and get another win today.

Good luck to everyone running Boston today!  Looks like it'll be an elliptical day for me, which probably ranks right up there with the Boston Marathon on the awesomeness factor.

<3

LRB

LRB, LOL.  Where is my coffee?

I am currently rockin' these two sweeties.  Take your pick:

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning! Good luck Boston runners!!! Cannot wait to hear all about it!

flarunner that's great congrats!!

SRD for me.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Damaris, thank you. I always like to her what those who are more experienced than I think.

Phil, enjoy your time on the elliptical machine.

Rick, I recommend that you start rocking Turkish zoom zoom zoom, occasionally. Well worth the effortSmile

kristin10185, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. Waiting a bit to run.

GL Boston runners!  I've run in Boston before. just doubt I will ever qualify for the race. But running around the town when I was there several years ago for a convention was awesome.

Marjorie

delicate flower

How is it possible that I only have ONE meeting on my calendar this week!?  Not that I am complaining, mind you...

<3

flarunner

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY!!!  Happy Monday!  Sure it's Boston Marathon Day, but let's not forget that the Red Sox have an 11:00 game against a division opponent.  Let's hope they can keep their strong start going and get another win today.

Sorry, but I'm hoping their division opponent kicks their butts! Wink